By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft needs better pr for crackdown

I dont think this game is as ugly as people makes it to be.Its not good looking, but not terrible.
But as for the PR, yeah that part is a disaster.They should really hire some new fresh faces.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
When was this video made? Sorry if this was asked already. Is this during E3? Or more recent?

There was a steam at comic con. They were showing off crackdown there. They aren't doing this game any favors. The release date is already. Ad enough .

Ka-pi96 said:
They need better PR full stop!

Came here to post that.

Yes the graphics are pretty terrible but the game does look fun. If I still had an xb1, I'd definitely check it out. It's not like Xbox owners can be picky anyway, this is one of the very few exclusives the console has this year.

Has Crackdown always been cell-shaded? They might want to check out Borderlands on how to make your cell-shaded environment not look terribly bland.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

lol blame the players. Why did they go with cell shading and then still bleed all the color out of it, weird choice. It looks very bland.

I wouldn't say the visuals are downright ugly, but this does sorta look more like a 2012 xbox 360 game than a 2017 Xbox One X game. I'm still picking it up tho, since the first Crackdown was a blast, and this is looking to be more of that.

However, the trailers should show more on what the game is about. This is bad PR, agreed.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

curl-6 said:

Holy moly this game is ugly. Looks like a PS3/360 game from about 2008.

Everything seems flat and without any kind of definition. Even character models seem to lack any complexity.
This is what I would expect out of a Free to Play game to be honest.

It's fine to have a Cell-shaded/cartoony styled game, but it doesn't mean you need everything to be geometrically simple.

Nautilus said:
I dont think this game is as ugly as people makes it to be.Its not good looking, but not terrible.
But as for the PR, yeah that part is a disaster.They should really hire some new fresh faces.

The PR and Imagry is certainly nothing to write home about. You would think Microsoft would have learned how to properly do PR for games thanks to Halo and Minecraft.

Keen to give it a play though... The big draw card will be that destruction in my opinion!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Everything seems flat and without any kind of definition. Even character models seem to lack any complexity.
This is what I would expect out of a Free to Play game to be honest.

My thoughts too; it almost looks like a mobile game, you know that flat, sterile, drab look the 3D ones tend to have?

Wow, that was painful to watch. I don't know the franchise, but after watching this I wish I wouldn't know that it exists.

That woman didn't even know what a game controller is. Who thought it was OK to show the game like this?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3