By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier Automata sold over 500k on steam according to steamspy

Chazore said:
Ruler said:

So a view issues are preventing you from playing probably the best game of this gen? Its not an arkham knight 

It's more than just view issues btw.

"best game of this gen" is subjective, as are your level of standards.

vivster said:
Ruler said:

So a view issues are preventing you from playing probably the best game of this gen? Its not an arkham knight 

Yep. Having standards can sometimes suck.

Something like overwatch/rocket league come and go, as people move from one MP to the next. Nier will be remmbered forever, dueto it being a singleplayer game with amazing story, soundtrack, gameplay etc. The original Nier was also by many people called as one of their best games of last gen, and that game was horible gameplay-wise over Automata.

For me personally Bloodborne is the best game this gen. But i also understand that it was my first souls experience, so i can evaluate where to put Nier from a neutral perspective. 

Around the Network

But everyone knows that AAA games only sell well on consoles, and that PC is only for indies.

Uabit said:
But everyone knows that AAA games only sell well on consoles, and that PC is only for indies.

PS4 still outsold it on PC and for 60$ instead 40$ on average

Uabit said:

Guess everyone's wrong 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

They anounced 1.5 million back in may so i wouldnt be surprised if the PS4 version is already at 2 million or more, which would mean that the game has a good chance at getting to 3 million life time and that makes me happy, (though it deserves MORE than that).

And after seeing the complaints about the PC port i had to look up the problems and after watching Digital Foundrys video on the subject all i can say is... damn they need to fix that, out of the issues they talked about the one that would bother me the most is that you have to look up for ways of fixing the widescreen...

Around the Network
Uabit said:

It's still bad for a 120 million steam userbase.

Machina said:
jason1637 said:
I bought it on steam...wish that I didn't.

You should've got a refund. It's what I did after playing for a couple of hours and not enjoying it.

Im enjoying the game now. Made that post the day i started playing and dying in the boss right before the game allows you to save. 

jason1637 said:
Machina said:

You should've got a refund. It's what I did after playing for a couple of hours and not enjoying it.

Im enjoying the game now. Made that post the day i started playing and dying in the boss right before the game allows you to save. 

The opening scene of this game was amazing but it sucked that there wheren't one or 2 checkpoints. Especially since that's by far the hardesr part of the entire game.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Ruler said:
Chazore said:

It's more than just view issues btw.

"best game of this gen" is subjective, as are your level of standards.

vivster said:

Yep. Having standards can sometimes suck.

Something like overwatch/rocket league come and go, as people move from one MP to the next. Nier will be remmbered forever, dueto it being a singleplayer game with amazing story, soundtrack, gameplay etc. The original Nier was also by many people called as one of their best games of last gen, and that game was horible gameplay-wise over Automata.

For me personally Bloodborne is the best game this gen. But i also understand that it was my first souls experience, so i can evaluate where to put Nier from a neutral perspective. 

It's a terrible idea to bring up Rocket League against me. Believe me, I will forget Nier and all Square Enix games before I ever forget about Rocket League.

You just have to accept that some people have preferences and that some things can make games unplayable no matter how good the content is. It's not your fault that you can stomach 30fps and it's not mine that I can't.

We've been over this with Horizon already. Awesome game and I would love to play it. Will never do unless it gets an acceptable framerate and KBM controls.

I will not play Nier until they make the game recognize my DS4 without 3rd party software like every other fucking game on this planet.

If devs don't put in the effort to make the game reach a minimal standard of playability I won't put in the effort to enjoy the game. And don't come with this bullshit of "missing out". No, I'm not gonna miss anything. There are more than enough games in my backlog and plenty of games coming out over the coming years. More games that I will ever be able to play. So if some games don't want me to play them, even better. That means I can play games that are actually good and put some effort into getting my valuable and limited gaming time.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Uabit said:

Nier didn't sell badly at all, but I'm not sure how it can be used as a shining example for that argument.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.