By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier Automata sold over 500k on steam according to steamspy

PEEPer0nni said:
Uabit said:
But everyone knows that AAA games only sell well on consoles, and that PC is only for indies.

It's still bad for a 120 million steam userbase.

Same could be said for the PS4 and XB user base when games don't sell near the same amount as the total suers as well. This goes both ways. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
estebxx said:
They anounced 1.5 million back in may so i wouldnt be surprised if the PS4 version is already at 2 million or more, which would mean that the game has a good chance at getting to 3 million life time and that makes me happy, (though it deserves MORE than that).

And after seeing the complaints about the PC port i had to look up the problems and after watching Digital Foundrys video on the subject all i can say is... damn they need to fix that, out of the issues they talked about the one that would bother me the most is that you have to look up for ways of fixing the widescreen...

Well, SE did say they were going to have talks with AMD and Nvidia, to work with both of them and sort the game out. Only problem is that it's not Nvidia or AMD's fault, it's not a driver related issue at all and SE is trying to make it appear that way, but it's far from it. I don't expect anything to happen, nothing has for a few months so far while other prots like Bayonetta and Vanquish have had patches and both are working just fine.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Ruler said:
Chazore said:

It's more than just view issues btw.

"best game of this gen" is subjective, as are your level of standards.

vivster said:

Yep. Having standards can sometimes suck.

Something like overwatch/rocket league come and go, as people move from one MP to the next. Nier will be remmbered forever, dueto it being a singleplayer game with amazing story, soundtrack, gameplay etc. The original Nier was also by many people called as one of their best games of last gen, and that game was horible gameplay-wise over Automata.

For me personally Bloodborne is the best game this gen. But i also understand that it was my first souls experience, so i can evaluate where to put Nier from a neutral perspective. 

Chances are it won't be remembered 200 years from now, let alone 100. You forget how easy it is to forget parts of history or which parts are looked at and intest people the most. NA is a niche game, it's not selling anywhere near the amount a game like PuB has or Overwatch. Those games will be talked about for a few decades, but I highly doubt anyone will talk about them 100-200 years from now let alone "forever".

if it sells and talked about a lot, chances are it's going to be remembered more fondly than a game that is rememebred by a small group and garners a cult following instead off a mass audience.

I wonder if you're even aware that people are still playing Tf2 to this day and that SFM vids are also being made to this day as well. People out there are still playing Half Life 1-2 as well. Popular games will always be talked about and played mroe than the niche ones, that's just how it rolls.

Also SP games don't trounce MP games, that's your opinion talking.

You also failed to address Vivsters talk on having a different set of standards, I assume you cannot come back from that due to the fact that standards are all subjective. Same with "best game". You can call it ebst all you like till the cows come home, but it's still your opinion, not a textbook fact to adhere to. 

I don't remember if I posted here or not, but this game is a friggin master piece.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Chazore said:
estebxx said:
They anounced 1.5 million back in may so i wouldnt be surprised if the PS4 version is already at 2 million or more, which would mean that the game has a good chance at getting to 3 million life time and that makes me happy, (though it deserves MORE than that).

And after seeing the complaints about the PC port i had to look up the problems and after watching Digital Foundrys video on the subject all i can say is... damn they need to fix that, out of the issues they talked about the one that would bother me the most is that you have to look up for ways of fixing the widescreen...

Well, SE did say they were going to have talks with AMD and Nvidia, to work with both of them and sort the game out. Only problem is that it's not Nvidia or AMD's fault, it's not a driver related issue at all and SE is trying to make it appear that way, but it's far from it. I don't expect anything to happen, nothing has for a few months so far while other prots like Bayonetta and Vanquish have had patches and both are working just fine.

Well thats a fucking shame... this game is beyond awesome and deserves much better than that.

Around the Network

Safe to say it's 3m aleady with 500K in Japan ( correct me if I am wrong)

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Source?

VGPolyglot said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Source?

I don't have a source  for the 3M I am just assuming but scratch the part for 500K Japan. It's 400K with digital. I accidentally type in 500K because of the thread title.

So happy for Taro, Platinum and SE.

The soundtrack of this game is freaking amazing, i constantly just stop doing what i'm doing in-game to listen to the music lol.

About to get the Plat, the story keeps getting better and better.