By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Found Dead From Apparent Suicide

Hybrid Theory and Meteora are my favourite albums of all time, I wasn't expecting to hear this news at all.

Around the Network

Given the fact that people hear seem to like them for some reason I'll keep this civil, but never liked them for their manufactured sound and clearly marketing based created music rather than any real soul in it....

That said, gotta be in a bad place to end the greatest gift we get on this Earth so all I can say is suicide is never the answer, no matter how bad life might seem, if you end your life... you can't solve any of the problems.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Disheartened. RIP, Chester.

When life leaves us blind...

"I knew I was going to write a letter to my kids, basically. It's telling them you're getting ready to go out into the world, you're going to get kicked around, it's going to be tough and you're going to find yourself in some painful situations, but here's what's important—you're always going to be loved by your family, and that will always get you through. That's going to be the one lifeline that you have which will pull you through all of this chaos around you."

Ganoncrotch said:
Given the fact that people hear seem to like them for some reason I'll keep this civil, but never liked them for their manufactured sound and clearly marketing based created music rather than any real soul in it....

That said, gotta be in a bad place to end the greatest gift we get on this Earth so all I can say is suicide is never the answer, no matter how bad life might seem, if you end your life... you can't solve any of the problems.

So, if people here didn't like them, you would have went all out?

Didn't know much about him. Like many I enjoyed the first few albums from Linkin Park. It's always sad when people reach the point where they can't see no escape except for taking their own life.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:

I hate all of their albums except for one,I especially hate the earlier ones that almost everyone has referenced in this thread. I'd suggest you give "A Thousand Suns" a thorough listen from start to finish though. They're definitely talented and have not stuck to the sound that made them famous. 

As for suicide, don't think of it as an answer. Some people get isolated enough that they feel dead long before they commit suicide. It's not always as simple as it's portrayed.

I just made a short vid with his awesome scream with Stone Temple Pilots:

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Terrible news. Linkin Park meant a huge deal to me when I was younger, and even today they've remained my favourite band. Really painful to hear this news about Chester, and even worse since he has 6 kids. I just hope his family can find some sort of peace in these trying times ...

Dang. My older brother loved them in the early 2000s. Was never really a fan myself but this sucks.

Not necessarily a fan but Jesus Christ...and after speaking at the funeral of his idol's suicide not that long before.