By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is going to make a fortune through accessories alone.

There definitely will be a lot of accessories for the Switch, but a lot of them are 3rd party and Nintendo won't be profiting as much when a lot of them flood the market

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

"Nintendo is going to make a fortune through accessories alone."

"... because I am going to buy a bunch of them."

Hm. OK. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

JRPGfan said:
Darwinianevolution said:

So, today I've finally managed to buy a Switch. After trying it for a little bit, I've started to make a list of accessories I need and might need for the console. The protecction plastic for the screen, a case for travels, an SD card for digital purchase, a battery charger and adapter for travels (the one included in the box is too big), a Pro controller to allow confortable multiplayer without using each of the joycons, the dumb device for the voice chat...

Holy shit, is it just me, or does the Switch needs an abnormal amount of accessories? I didn't need that many for my 3DS or my Wii. Do you think the console needs that many things, or is it just me? Does this happen to you as well? How did you solve it?

Glass Screen protector ~6$

Travel case ~13 to 19$

200 GB SDcard ~64$

Power bank ~30 to 50$

Switch Pro controller 69$

Hori nintendo switch chat headset ~30$

You can easily spend a additional +200$ before your Switch, is the way you want it to be, to do what its ment to.

Honestly...I don't think most people will need an SD card for the Switch. Not joking. 

Power bank ... that's just a dumb inclusion. 

Wouldn't someone use their phone headset instead of buy a seperate one?

Switch Pro ... again not a fair inclusion.

Darwinianevolution said:
JRPGfan said:

Glass Screen protector ~6$

Travel case ~13 to 19$

200 GB SDcard ~64$

Power bank ~30 to 50$

Switch Pro controller 69$

Hori nintendo switch chat headset ~30$

You can easily spend a additional +200$ before your Switch, is the way you want it to be, to do what its ment to.

Oh, I'm not looking for a power bank. I don't think I'll need one right away. I need a wall charger smaller than the one that comes in the box, maybe something like a phone charger. I don't think that will be above 20€. Howevr, I have to make sure the port and the voltage are the right ones.

Gonna save you time, if you want the USB version of the charger (it charges the Switch and pro controller) it comes WITH the Pro Controller. Don't buy a cheap type-C from a random third party. I did, and they suck. Just get the pro controller with the USB cable straight from Nintendo.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

As an owner of the switch.....its not worth the cost.....them hidden costs are killer

Preston Scott

Around the Network

The only accessories I bought was two pairs of joy cons because I wanted to play six player bomberman. Honestly a lot of that stuff you don't need. You might get it down the road but it's nothing you want day one. The only thing I would get day one is an extra pair of joy cons.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Paatar said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Oh, I'm not looking for a power bank. I don't think I'll need one right away. I need a wall charger smaller than the one that comes in the box, maybe something like a phone charger. I don't think that will be above 20€. Howevr, I have to make sure the port and the voltage are the right ones.

Gonna save you time, if you want the USB version of the charger (it charges the Switch and pro controller) it comes WITH the Pro Controller. Don't buy a cheap type-C from a random third party. I did, and they suck. Just get the pro controller with the USB cable straight from Nintendo.

Oh, thanks. Two birds in one stone, then.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I have bought a case and a pro controller and I'm getting plenty of good use out of the system. Maybe you should reevaluate your definition of "need" versus "want." The Switch opens up the possibilities for gaming in many locations, giving you better bang for your $300 investment. If you choose to purchase accessories to take it on the road then you are only enhancing those capabilities and getting more utility out of the system.

only got a screen protector and an extra pro controller(which comes with an extra charging cable)