By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Don't forget to leave feedback on the Nintendo App

The amount of faith in Nintendo's decisions in this thread rivals church on Christmas Eve.

Around the Network

Wow this thread, myself being a moderate Nintendo fanboy I agree, the app sucks and I already rated it.

I know... my English sucks.

In my experience the average person isn't bothered by these sorts of things. I imagine those of us with ample experience on consoles and PC will find it to be obtuse and unnecessary (I still haven't downloaded it myself as I frankly don't care for voice chat these days and there's far better work arounds using bluetooth should I decide to), but it will probably still be well enough received by enough people that it won't look like a disaster in the ratings.

Slarvax said:
Ganoncrotch said:

In the console itself?

There's no built in Mic like the Vita/3ds has built into their design.

From a technical point that renders voice chat using the Switch not possible.

You asked for just one... but here have another for free!

You are now thinking.... "but you can plug a headset into the audio port on the console, that has been taken apart and shown to have 4 rings indicating that the system is capable of supporting a mic in that jack"

Now you put your Switch into the dock at your TV....

Where is the Jack? You're holding 2 Joycons... sat on your couch... Where's the mic?

I mean, c'mon man. Did the 360, PS3 or XBO controllers have built in mics?

The Switch supports bluetooth. Why not use that?

I'm not sure if it supports it from a hardware point of view, but it most certainly doesn't support it just yet from headset point of view, was very sad when I couldn't find any options to sync my power beats with the system at all... then again, at least it's better than the ps4... that sees them, then just says it doesn't support audio blue tooth devices lol.

And sure last gen controllers could have headset ports on them, heck even the Xbox original controller had that adapter but when you throw motion controls into the mix you are risking a choking hazard by having a cable running from the joy con to the users head (that said the nun chuck also had this possibility)

I was just pointing out that the system as it is now isn't capable of supporting voice coms using the console itself because of lack of a port or mic to do so, sure... if you take the machine back to the drawing board you could rebuild it from the ground up and create another solution for this "problem" which Nintendo have already solved without the use of more R&D time, it's done, like it or not that's what it is, simple as that really.

Just the next time someone asks a question about why the Xbox one doesn't manage to reach 1080p/60 in a game, I hope it will be an acceptable answer to suggest it is capable of doing it... if you go back and redesign the hardware of the console to be more powerful before it launched, that... is just a failure of an argument / discussion which I'm not even going to begin to entertain.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

BraLoD said:
They won't listen anyway.

There's a feedback section in the app, almost basically a direct line to the company. Whether you want to contribute in providing feedback is up to you. You either take it or leave it. Someone on Reddit who apparently worked for NoA mentioned that Nintendo does receive and read feedback (whether you want to believe the guy or not is up to you). 

Around the Network

Its at 3.3 now, should i download it?

I did my part :P

think-man said:

All you can do is suggest what you think would be better :) can't wait for splatoon though... gonna be far too busy to care about a voice chat app playing that, the same as I was with MK8D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
think-man said:

All you can do is suggest what you think would be better :) can't wait for splatoon though... gonna be far too busy to care about a voice chat app playing that, the same as I was with MK8D

I downloaded the app and rated it :P

This is rather a shame... reading the reviews of Splatoon 2, it really looks like it was a 90+ game if he came with conventional online services. Going to the "cons" list of any review usually reveals those to be the primary (sometimes only) complaint.