By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Don't forget to leave feedback on the Nintendo App

Dulfite said:
vivster said:

You need your phone with you in your home just to talk to people?

Ever heard of bluetooth? You know, the thing that also isn't usable on this Nintendo mobile device.

Ah bluetooth, the battery killer. Yes, what a great alternative to wired connections that will actually last hours.

Use Bluetooth while it's docked, problem solved.

Around the Network

Make sure the feedback is very critical. Let em know how dumb this is.

You know that thing when you uhhh...and then you...hmmm. But then you have to...umm, Yuh.

Pyro as Bill said:
potato_hamster said:

Ohh I'm sorry, did you think was witty or something?

Nintendo could easily choose to either put a microphone on the Switch or the joycons/pro controller, as they did with the DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U, or put the microphone jack in a location that it's accessable while it's docked. These are choices Nintendo made that they technically were not forced into due to other critical aspects of the design that did they could not reasonably change. All of the PCBs in the Switch are custom, as is the casing. That means that they could put the microphone jack where ever they wanted. Also, considering the inclusion of a microphone would cost Nintendo about one cent per unit, it likely cost Nintendo to develop and maintain the Nintendo App on phones than they would ever spend including a microphone, there's no cost reasons either.

There are no technical reason why Nintendo couldn't have have voice chat built into the Switch. None.

Mic in joycon, useless for motion control games like ARMS/Just Dance.

Oh yeah.... I sure had a massive problem using Wii's Motion controls when the Nunchuck was connected to remote. While I was playing Dragonball Z BT3. Doing motions that move the two parts in differnt places. Which the cable is shorter than a headphone wire.

weraru_1 said:

Make sure the feedback is very critical. Let em know how dumb this is.

Unfortunately no matter how dumb you tell them their decision is they will fight tooth and nail that somehow it is some revolutionary bullshit.