By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What 3rd Party Nintendo Exclusives Do You Want on PS/Xbox/PC?

Tagged games:

vivster said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Because exclusives matter. Losing them is bad. I know you hate console gaming anyway and since you said ios devices are better than Switch...not much more needs to said here.

You know why I hate consoles? Because of fucking exclusives. Forcing someone to buy yet another useless plastic box just to play a handful more games is contemptuous towards consumers and shouldn't be encouraged. But it's not like I haven't learned that some people love to be abused by their brand overlords.

Games shouldn't be caged in. People who think that's ok should be. How the fuck can someone be against a wide availability of games?

Look at the benchmarks of the latest iPads, it blows the aged Tegra in the Switch out of the water.

Exclusives are awesome as they can take full advantage of the hardware they are on. They play to the strengths of that system. Also nice how consoles I never have to update my everything every few months. I also like Physical is still the standard. I like controllers. I like a controlled system. Ipad is 600 bucks. Switch is a dedicated gaming device with physical media. Apple releases a new overpriced piece of shit every 30 seconds. When you develop for everythibg there is less risks taken and less return much like SEGA post DC. Consoles rock. Exclusives rock and I drink the tears of port beggars.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
vivster said:

You know why I hate consoles? Because of fucking exclusives. Forcing someone to buy yet another useless plastic box just to play a handful more games is contemptuous towards consumers and shouldn't be encouraged. But it's not like I haven't learned that some people love to be abused by their brand overlords.

Games shouldn't be caged in. People who think that's ok should be. How the fuck can someone be against a wide availability of games?

Look at the benchmarks of the latest iPads, it blows the aged Tegra in the Switch out of the water.

Exclusives are awesome as they can take full advantage of the hardware they are on. They play to the strengths of that system. Also nice how consoles I never have to update my everything every few months. I also like Physical is still the standard. I like controllers. I like a controlled system. Ipad is 600 bucks. Switch is a dedicated gaming device with physical media. Apple releases a new overpriced piece of shit every 30 seconds. When you develop for everythibg there is less risks taken and less return much like SEGA post DC. Consoles rock. Exclusives rock and I drink the tears of port beggars.

Agree.

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Any other platform? Even Ouya? Even ios? Even Ataribox?

You know very well that those platforms do not exist here. It's only home consoles and sometimes PC. So "any" is just a quick way of saying PS4, Xbox, PC.

But since you mention it, Ataribox may be better than Switch, current ios devices are definitely better than Switch and a new version of the Ouya would probably also be more powerful than Switch.

Wasn't Ouya like a PS2 specs-wise? Have this kind of boxes experimented such a high leap?

Also, specs are not the only thing that make a platform "good", you have to consider the design, control input, UI, etc... Many people may prefer a portable system against a much more powerful device. Maybe it's not the prevalent opinion in videogames forums (or ate least it wasn't before the Switch), but when you don't have much time to play on a daily basis a portable system may be a great solution.

Honestly while there are some good games there the only one i really cared a lot about was Monster Hunter... so you can imagine im pretty glad with how things are going :D

Around the Network

hmmm not many honestly.

Scribblenauts (which is already on PC)
Red Steel 2
Cave Story (also on PC)
and probably some of the Switch indies which will likely come to other platforms at a later date.

If you were to take the Switch titles and put them on the PS4, sure ... they would have more GFLOPs behind them.... and then again be tied to playing sat in front of the TV, that is the best part about the Switch, can just pick it up and have it with me for the small amount of time in my day where I do get to play games, I found that while the ps4 is great, I just can't dedicate time to sitting down just playing that machine for hours, unlike if I find myself on a bus, train or plane I can enjoy the heck out of Zelda the whole day during the gaps.

Would not say it is objectionably better in every way to move the games to a platform which I can't play them on.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Entropio said:
vivster said:

You know very well that those platforms do not exist here. It's only home consoles and sometimes PC. So "any" is just a quick way of saying PS4, Xbox, PC.

But since you mention it, Ataribox may be better than Switch, current ios devices are definitely better than Switch and a new version of the Ouya would probably also be more powerful than Switch.

Wasn't Ouya like a PS2 specs-wise? Have this kind of boxes experimented such a high leap?

Also, specs are not the only thing that make a platform "good", you have to consider the design, control input, UI, etc... Many people may prefer a portable system against a much more powerful device. Maybe it's not the prevalent opinion in videogames forums (or ate least it wasn't before the Switch), but when you don't have much time to play on a daily basis a portable system may be a great solution.

Pretty much agreed. Tho I think Ouya was more on par with Vita or OG Xbox with more modern tech.

Every single one of them