By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A possibility of Splatoon 2 hitting 1mil First Week in Japan including Digital? Craziest attach ratio since SSBM?

Has 1 mil Switch units been sold in Japan yet...? Each time we hear about Switches selling in Japan it's like a frenzy every time.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Unlikely, especially because of Switch shortages

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Hit 1 mil a week or two ago.

That seems impossible, considering that there are barely 1mm Switches. Splatoon is a significant series for Nintendo. But, it is not Mario. It's not going to sell to 90% of Japanese Switch owners in the first week. I think 500k is about right.

Nope. Unless they have 300k+ switches for splatoon launch.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
That seems impossible, considering that there are barely 1mm Switches. Splatoon is a significant series for Nintendo. But, it is not Mario. It's not going to sell to 90% of Japanese Switch owners in the first week. I think 500k is about right.

Uh actually... its the most sold game on the wii U in japan.

3d world:0.75 mil

Smash wii u:0.84 mil

NSMBU: 1.29mil

Mario kart 8: 1.34 mil

Splatoon:1.54 mil

Wait so going by these numbers alone almost 90% of Switch owners are getting Splatoon 2 in Japan....wow. Even if Nintendo does get a considerable amount of stock, around 200-300k the week of and the following weeks it'll still be above 50%. Maybe I should change my prediction....quick.

Ljink96 said:
Wait so going by these numbers alone almost 90% of Switch owners are getting Splatoon 2 in Japan....wow. Even if Nintendo does get a considerable amount of stock, around 200-300k the week of and the following weeks it'll still be above 50%. Maybe I should change my prediction....quick.

probably. this game is up there with monster hunter in popularity over there at the moment, and the wii U numbers were on a slow (but still somewhat popular, at least in japan) HOME console(remember home consoles are a dying breed in japan) on its later years and it hit 40% adoption rate, and sold more than MK8, or more than smash wii U and 3d world combined.

now lets see what it will do on a fresh, HANDHELD console.

What sales does Switch stand at currently in Japan? It would be pretty funny to see Splatoon 2 in Japan go well over the units of Switch's sold in preparation for all those who want the system. 

We dont know how many copies of game Nintendo will ship and how many Switch units will be in sale for Splatoon 2 launch. Saying that, I expecting around 500k fw.