By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony market cap rises to over 51billion

iNathan said:
Qwark said:
How much of that jump is owed to the PS4 though. I would estimate at least halve since the Sony movie and Sony music are in worse shape. Sony tv is still a meh market and Sony has stopped producing tablets and laptops and will hopefully stop making phones for their own good. But Playstation has had an enormous boost since 2012 and is enough to let Sony grow it seems.

Still living in 2012 I see. 

Pictures is poised to huge comeback with movies like Spidey and baby driver, Smurfs and RE did good too. 

Sony rules the TV market big time alongside LG and Samsung. 

Sony Music prints money and has one of the top grossing mobile games WW. 

SONY Playstation is beasting. 

Xperia Z Premium is the best phone on the market. 

Keep fighting the good fight. 

setsunatenshi said:

calm down please... mostly when it comes to the mobile and tv divisions.

Especially on the mobile division where Samsung has about 50% of the android market vs under 3% from Sony... actually they are about #8 on Android alone... not even throwing apple into the mix.

You forgot the camera business.. recently Sony Camera have been giving pro canon and nikon camera a run for their money.

Not to mention almost 90% of cell phone camera sensors are sony exmor 

Around the Network

Very happy for them, they worked very hard for this!

taus90 said:
iNathan said:

Still living in 2012 I see. 

Pictures is poised to huge comeback with movies like Spidey and baby driver, Smurfs and RE did good too. 

Sony rules the TV market big time alongside LG and Samsung. 

Sony Music prints money and has one of the top grossing mobile games WW. 

SONY Playstation is beasting. 

Xperia Z Premium is the best phone on the market. 

Keep fighting the good fight. 

setsunatenshi said:

calm down please... mostly when it comes to the mobile and tv divisions.

Especially on the mobile division where Samsung has about 50% of the android market vs under 3% from Sony... actually they are about #8 on Android alone... not even throwing apple into the mix.

You forgot the camera business.. recently Sony Camera have been giving pro canon and nikon camera a run for their money.

Not to mention almost 90% of cell phone camera sensors are sony exmor 

Forgot about that my bad, they are now 2nd in the US with biggest growth yoy, phone sensors is Sony land. 

Sony in beast mode. Global domination of gaming consoles has certainly played a major factor in this. And as the song says in MGS1, the best is yet to come :)

Awesome news!

Around the Network

great news, this gives me hope for their future movies, especially their up coming Robotech movie.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Qwark said:
How much of that jump is owed to the PS4 though. I would estimate at least halve since the Sony movie and Sony music are in worse shape. Sony tv is still a meh market and Sony has stopped producing tablets and laptops and will hopefully stop making phones for their own good. But Playstation has had an enormous boost since 2012 and is enough to let Sony grow it seems.

They should definitely not give up mobile. They just need to start selling their phones through US carriers as opposed to trying to sell them at full MSRP by themselves. No market presence in the US and none of the big 4 officially support them.

Qwark said:

As far as Sony TVs are concerned...

Rtings.com scores for 2017 LED TVs 

X930E - 8.3

X940E - 8.2

X900E - 8.2

Q9F - 8.0

You'll notice that Samsung's highest tier TV this year was bested by not one, not two, but THREE Sony TVs in objective scoring. That means that Sony beat out the Samsung TVs without even having their best attributes scored (noise algorithms and upscaling), since both are entirely subjective.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

good news for people who own Sony stocks, which is like 1% of this forum

Oh wow, op was perma-banned? Farewell if you see this. Sony is my favorite gaming company, so of course I like to see them do well. And that they're prospering overall, and returning to form in TV sales is good to hear. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."