By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox sales seem way too low, 5:1 is crazy.

This seems bad, last weeks and basically 2017 Xbox seems like has died after a great holiday season for the brand. 

People waiting on X? 

Around the Network

Xbox did better when it had a clear price advantage on PS4.

There's only so much oxygen in the room at once. For core gamers, the energy is still on PS4 exclusives and PC. For everyone else, Switch has captured a huge mindshare.

I haven't had a compelling reason to look at Xbox One recently since the S launched. Not to whine too much, but cancelling Scalebound was a huge turnoff for me. I don't want to look forward to games that just get cancelled.

I feel like a lot of people feel the same way.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

A lot of it might simply be that Microsoft hasn't been able to give people to actually get an Xbox One. I know I feel that way. I already have a PS4 and a PC that can play most games I can't play on the console, and Xbox One just doesn't have the games to give me a reason to buy one.

I had predicted that XB1 would not cross 40 million lifetime, and with the way sales have crashed this year, it seems I'll be proven right.

US market is the most important market by far for Xbox.
And right now, most americas just want to get their hands on Switch.

Around the Network

Honestly what reason is there to buy the system over the other options? The base and slim models are left dead in the water with the arrival of the X later on considering any of the PR fluff to do with the power of the cloud closing the gap between the X1 and PS4 performance has completely been just thrown in the bin for the rubbish it was now that the only real way to close a hardware gap is ready to roll out, ie new hardware.

If you go and buy an X1 right now, it's because you already have a PS4 and Switch or else it's because you really haven't done your research on where is the best place to put your gaming $

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ka-pi96 said:
Well looking at Xbox One I just don't see anything to be excited for. The future just doesn't look good for it. Guess we can only hope that's because they're putting their full effort in to making their next console successful instead.

When it doubt... there's always cuphead to be excited for I guess. That is the one piece of software on the platform I'm hoping gets a ps4 or switch release, but I really can't see it happening.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

MS's mindset is US, US and US, what do you expect.

Ganoncrotch said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Well looking at Xbox One I just don't see anything to be excited for. The future just doesn't look good for it. Guess we can only hope that's because they're putting their full effort in to making their next console successful instead.

When it doubt... there's always cuphead to be excited for I guess. That is the one piece of software on the platform I'm hoping gets a ps4 or switch release, but I really can't see it happening.

It looks good, but its a run & gunner platformer... not everyones cup of tea.

Anyways it doesnt look very demanding, so if you have a PC you could always get the steam version.

Maybe people have finally caught to Microsoft's holiday deals. Honestly I can't think of any other generation where a console has had the kind of insane deals you see with Xbox One during the holidays.