By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox sales seem way too low, 5:1 is crazy.

lonerism said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Yeah... and in an specific part of the market - Japan - XboxOne is pratically ignored.

Here in South America, the Xbox brand has a huge following - result of the good support Microsoft gives to these markets -  but lately people are more interested in the PS4 and the Switch.

Switch in South America? Where do you live?

I don't know a single person in my country who owns a Switch or are in interested in one

I mean BRL 2.200,00 for this is just crazy 

We live in the same country.

Well.. some of my friends already bought their Switches..... I work near Avenida Paulista, and I see a lot of people in those shopping galleries looking for one, but they give up when they see the prices (damn annoying importer´s exploit on hype ...). Demand for PS4 have been on the rise now that it is coming with reduced prices and getting many exclusives, specially Japanese games.

As the gray market is huge here, I can´t tell numbers.... but on official retailers XboxOne still seems to be the most popular.

Around the Network
lonerism said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Yeah... and in an specific part of the market - Japan - XboxOne is pratically ignored.

Here in South America, the Xbox brand has a huge following - result of the good support Microsoft gives to these markets -  but lately people are more interested in the PS4 and the Switch.

Switch in South America? Where do you live?

I don't know a single person in my country who owns a Switch or are in interested in one

I mean BRL 2.200,00 for this is just crazy 

Hi there!

Obviously people wouldn't buy with that price in regional stores. But 2 months before, checking trough mercado livre, I found many Switch available with the same price(some slightly lower/higher), yet they are still selling. Now the number of Switch's for sell reduced a lot.

Just to have an idea, with my first  research 2 months  ago there were  dozens of individual links with at least a thousand units each at first but with a few remaining for sell (yeah, you can see that in the site  when you are buying). Now it's hard to spot a single link with at least 10 units. The shortages must be hurting these online resellers.

Some anecdoctal evidence: I also know 2 friends that own a switch.

We reap what we sow

Tulipanzo said:
I find the fact that this thread on low XBox sales has moved to discussing Sony and Nintendo's games very telling

Yeah it's very telling that two users who happen to enjoy their preference argue over and over because of certain posts.

JRPGfan said:
Tulipanzo said:
I find the fact that this thread on low XBox sales has moved to discussing Sony and Nintendo's games very telling

People got bored of talking about bad xbox one sales :P

The X1 is selling equally as the 360, that's not bad, also...

derpysquirtle64 said:
It sells almost the same as last year in this period of time. It's just PS4 selling way better than it was last year. Still, I think it's too early to jump to conclusions that Xbox is dead just because it sells 5 times less than PS4.

one way to look at it.

Azzanation said:
Maybe because MS isnt given away actual figures for there console sales. This is all speculation and assumptions at this point.

Yup, it's possible the X1 is undertracked.

Proud to be a Californian.

LivingMetal said:
celador said:

no they haven't. They've kept us up to date with overall sales and given us a ratio of Pro to regular PS4

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/06/06/ps4-pro-represents-nearly-one-in-every-five-ps4s-sold

The Pro has been out for seven months, and the only info we've been given is this.  Don't be surprised if Sony stops giving out info when sales drop.

Sales aren't going to drop though...if anything they are going to increase once all the system sellers are out. PS4 is going to outsell X1/X1X by 3:1 just because of Gran Turismo and God of War.

No one knows X1's real sale figures. As in ps4's case. You can't go by this site. Either way X1 and Switch won't compete with PS4