By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox sales seem way too low, 5:1 is crazy.

Yes! They are waiting for the most powerful console!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Xbox one X can't come soon enough. MS is expecting to sell a console to the same fan base again. Let see how much of that fanbase go to the more powerful console.

Out of all my friends and family who game, it's the unemployed guy (my cousin's husband) on welfare with a son to feed and already has an X1 who's getting an X1X. Got his priorities in order.

I just want to be able to pre-order the Xbox One X already.

I still think the brand has some legs left in it still, so 50 million is entirely possible by the end of the generation, but that success is very much going to be driven by Scorpio and possible future games, Microsoft needs another big Halo 3 console pushing success.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
I just want to be able to pre-order the Xbox One X already.

I still think the brand has some legs left in it still, so 50 million is entirely possible by the end of the generation, but that success is very much going to be driven by Scorpio and possible future games, Microsoft needs another big Halo 3 console pushing success.

IDK man, 50 million is a tall order. 

Let's look at some data. XB1 had sold 19 million units by the end of 2015. This was found out by subtracting the number Sony gave for PS4 at the end of 2015 from the number EA gave for both consoles at the end of 2015.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/1/29/10868370/microsoft-xbox-one-sales-19-million-ea

Now at the end of 2016 using the same method of subtracting the 53.4 million units Sony gave for PS4 from the 79 million figure EA provided for PS4+XB1, we know that it had sold 25.6 million units.

http://www.dualshockers.com/ps4-sells-6-2-million-units-customers-2016-holiday-season-reaches-53-4-million-units-sold/

http://www.dualshockers.com/current-generation-consoles-will-reach-105-million-units-sold-2017-according-electronic-arts/

So XB1 sold 6.6 million units in 2016 for the entire year, and it looks like they'll be down quite a bit this year judging by how it's selling this year so far. XB1X won't do much for the numbers, it's a niche product. I suspect it'll sell around 5-5.5 million units this year which will put it at around 31 million by the end of 2017.

PS5 should be out by 2019, or 2020 at the latest, so in 2018 and 2019, I can't see XB1 selling more than 8 million total. They have absolutely no system sellers in the works. 40 million is the optimistic figure we can expect for it right now.

SuperBudgie1582 said:
Its all about perspective. In the grand scheme of things, its selling fine. Could be doing better, but could be doing a hell of alot worse. The PS4 is selling like crazy though so its makes it seem like the Xbox one is doing poorly.

Maybe. But I remember back when people were shitting all over PS3 when it was selling below 100K per week at this time of year. So are you suggesting there should be different expectations for what "low sales" are because of the brand of the console?

I'm guessing some peole are saving up for XOX. Not sure that is a substantial reason for the massive difference in sales, but it's part of it surely.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
SuperBudgie1582 said:
Its all about perspective. In the grand scheme of things, its selling fine. Could be doing better, but could be doing a hell of alot worse. The PS4 is selling like crazy though so its makes it seem like the Xbox one is doing poorly.

Maybe. But I remember back when people were shitting all over PS3 when it was selling below 100K per week at this time of year. So are you suggesting there should be different expectations for what "low sales" are because of the brand of the console?

I'm guessing some peole are saving up for XOX. Not sure that is a substantial reason for the massive difference in sales, but it's part of it surely.

In june of 2010 (same time in it's life as XB1 now) PS3 was selling 150-160k per week. XB1 is selling half that.

NobleTeam360 said:
PEEPer0nni said:

He's right. In Europe 90% of Xbox One tv apps were not available. But yeah no one watches nfl or cnn here. :)

No, he isn't right, just because you say it over and over isn't going to make it any more factual. 

It is factual for the most part. The US is pretty much it's only market and it's been their focus since the original xbox.

XB1 just doesn't have many exclusives to be excited about for like 18 months. The last game I bought was Forza Horizon 3, and that was out of nowhere, as in I had no hype for that game until it launched and got good reviews.

Meanwhile PS4 and Switch have been delightful.

My Xbox One S has been a good UHD player, and my older XB1 had good trade-in value for the Switch :).

My 8th gen collection

iNathan said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

The annual Forza release I suppose. This holiday is really all about the hardware. It's after the holiday that's going to be the most telling.

PS4 has insane line up coming after holidays I don't know how anyone can compete. 

Anyone?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
iNathan said:

PS4 has insane line up coming after holidays I don't know how anyone can compete. 

Anyone?.

In the context of what he's talking about, yes.