By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD prediction thread (who will win this months NPD). PS4 Wins (leaked results in OP)

Which console will win this month's NPD?

Xbox One 27 4.17%

PS4 545 84.10%

Nintendo Switch 76 11.73%

Total:648
TheBlackNaruto said:
Oh snap are those legit numbers!?!?! Sweet and wow the PS4 is doing very well! XB1 needs that XB1X asap it seems. Switch doing good for the supply it has! It is nice to have numbers!

Yep 381k PS4's to 153k XB1's in the xbox one's main market, last month is a big blow.

When the PS4 is almost 2 : 1 of the XB1 in the US,... you know EU & rest of the world, its going to be much more lopsided.

The Xbox One X at 499$ isnt going to do much though, so I doubt it ll "save it".

XB1 needs to be lower priced than the PS4 to sell (better), and it needs some new exclusives that ll push hardware (not forza or halo, people that love those already bought their xbox's).

Around the Network

I just realize this thread has over 12k views. I think that is my record here, so yeah. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

JRPGfan said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Oh snap are those legit numbers!?!?! Sweet and wow the PS4 is doing very well! XB1 needs that XB1X asap it seems. Switch doing good for the supply it has! It is nice to have numbers!

Yep 381k PS4's to 153k XB1's in the xbox one's main market, last month is a big blow.

When the PS4 is almost 2 : 1 of the XB1 in the US,... you know EU & rest of the world, its going to be much more lopsided.

The Xbox One X at 499$ isnt going to do much though, so I doubt it ll "save it".

XB1 needs to be lower priced than the PS4 to sell (better), and it needs some new exclusives that ll push hardware (not forza or halo, people that love those already bought their xbox's).

I am hoping that we get some mor egames for XB1......I miss my early 360 years lol. So many games back then.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

So a bit off topic, but thanks to Jal, I'm able to pinpoint how much the XB1 has sold worldwide.

As of the end of last year, its US sales were 15.85 million. How much of the worldwide sales the US takes up depends on who you believe. For instance, EA has the combined sales of consoles at 79 million. Subtract the PS4's 53.4m figure and you'll get 25.6m for the XB1. Superdata had the XB1's sales at 26m. IHS estimated the console's sales at 27.6m. If we are to believe EA's figures, then the US makes up about 61.9% of WW sales. If we believe IHS, then the US makes up about 57.4% of WW sales.

The XB1's US LTD sales are now at 16.84 million. If we are to believe EA and run on the assumption that the 61.9% ratio remained the same, then its WW sales are 16.84m/0.619 = 27.2m. If we are to believe IHS and assume the 57.4% ratio remained the same, then its WW sales are 16.84m/0.574 = 29.3m.

$250 XB1 deals in June had no affect on sales.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network

Aligned sales
360: 15.51M
PS3: 12.72M

XB1: 16.84M
PS4: 19.29M

Aura7541 said:

So a bit off topic, but thanks to Jal, I'm able to pinpoint how much the XB1 has sold worldwide.

As of the end of last year, its US sales were 15.85 million. How much of the worldwide sales the US takes up depends on who you believe. For instance, EA has the combined sales of consoles at 79 million. Subtract the PS4's 53.4m figure and you'll get 25.6m for the XB1. Superdata had the XB1's sales at 26m. IHS estimated the console's sales at 27.6m. If we are to believe EA's figures, then the US makes up about 61.9% of WW sales. If we believe IHS, then the US makes up about 57.4% of WW sales.

The XB1's US LTD sales are now at 16.84 million. If we are to believe EA and run on the assumption that the 61.9% ratio remained the same, then its WW sales are 16.84m/0.619 = 27.2m. If we are to believe IHS and assume the 57.4% ratio remained the same, then its WW sales are 16.84m/0.574 = 29.3m.

Thanks for this information!

Pionner said:

and those where with 3 games (recore, forza, halo), 2 controllers, and a chargeing stationm right?

A 1TB Golden limited edition PS4s for 249$ was apparently alot more popular.

Aura7541 said:

It could be VGC numbers for Xbox One are "optimistic", and its slightly overtracked (between 1m-3m).

JRPGfan said:
Pionner said:

and those where with 3 games (recore, forza, halo), 2 controllers, and a chargeing stationm right?

A 1TB Golden limited edition PS4s for 249$ was apparently alot more popular.

No, that was a 1 day deal in July.  And I believe it was only Amazon (Prime Day)

Gold PS4 was just a limited edition system.