By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greg Miller: WWE2k2018 on switch is a bad idea because the game is going to be crap

monocle_layton said:
WWE games are always a mess visually and in terms of gameplay. The Switch version will have the same flaws, but all 3rd party support is welcomed I suppose.

The same flaws? That seems a bit like jumping the gun too.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
monocle_layton said:
WWE games are always a mess visually and in terms of gameplay. The Switch version will have the same flaws, but all 3rd party support is welcomed I suppose.

The same flaws? That seems a bit like jumping the gun too.

Well, I don't expect it to be better than the X1/PS4 version. If it's somehow better gameplay-wise, that'll leave me impressed

twintail said:
onionberry said:

what's a shit port? the game is not going to look like the ps4 or xbox version because with the switch we are sacrificing power for portability, we already know that. So, automatically a shit port even if they do their best? I think some people are slow and they don't understand a switch is not a ps4 but it offers a different value. BTW is not like WWE games look good on any platform.

This sounds pretty defensive.

A bad port is a bad port. As in the game sucks due to bad porting process/ or it just being a bad game in general.

well it's annoying when people use their platform to distribute an opinion without any proof cause we don't even have footage of the game on any platform, his comparison is the wii vs the 360, 6 years ago, dumb. btw his definition of bad is visual quality compared to the ps4 and xbox one, totally ignoring the fact that Nintendo's console is a different type of console with a different value.

Its a wrestling games... 6th and 7th gen machines have handled them fine.

The Switch port will be fine, or at least it should be.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

More games is always good thing.

Around the Network

What a stupid comment. Ports are good.

Then again, if Nintendo would go 3rd party already we wouldn't need these ports.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I remember those days when the NX was going to be more powerful than the Xbox1 and Ps4... man those were the good old times.

Anyway, it's his opinion and I can see where he's coming from. Nothing in that means he's a bad journalist, this is not a news report.

Well the game IS going to be crap (or at least extremely mediocre) so he's completely right. Good port or bad port doesn't make much of a difference in this case. Besides, WWE 2k already looks like a 360 game from ~2010, so it's hard to lower the visuals any further.