By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DigitalFoundry: Splatoon 2 Switch Analysis: Resolution, Wii U Improvements And More!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg9ptMnVJmI

Docked: native 1080p (but sometimes drops between 936p to 864p), 60fps locked. 

Portable: native 720p (but sometimes drops to 1152x648), 60fps locked.

More details Like Real Time Shadows, character models, higher quality textures and more.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Yay! A solid 60fps!
And yeah! After booting up the Splatfest Demo, I can see the ink more shinier and thicker. The sun and shadows looks more realistic and detailed too.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Slight resolution drops are okay if it means we're getting a solid 60 fps.

had a ton of fun with the first installment.  really looking forward to the second go.  nice to hear that there have indeed been several improvements

Wow its a huge difference from the first game.

Around the Network

Nice to see that they took the time to noticeably improve the graphics. This is a game that I think they could have gotten away with just using the exact same graphics as the first game without any improvements. Nice to see them go the extra mile.

As long as it's 60fps, I am good

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So far Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms and Splatoon 2 are all 1080p 60fps. Next up: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Hopefully it will maintain that solid 60fps in multiplayer mode. We'll find out soon in upcoming test fire.

I'm happy to see them recognizing the fact that Splatoon 2 not only got a resolution bump, but also a major visual overhaul. Shadows, lighting, objects, character models, textures, etc. everything looks considerably better than then first game.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won