By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone for Monopoly?

Darwinianevolution said:
I thought you were talking about Monopoly for the Swich. I wonder if you can play as Nintendo characters.

Probably not, they didn't show any Nintendo related stuff in the trailer.

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:
painmaster212 said:
I picked up the collector's edition up a week or 2 ago with all the extra power pack figures. Shame to see scalpers trying to already flip it for double the retail price even though it's still in stock at Gamestop stores....

Are you going to use it, or are you keeping it as a collectors item? 

I'll probably open it up and play it since it's something new to try. I have a few other copies of the Monopoly game but don't open those since it's still the same old game just reskinned for whatever theme it's based on.

Oh dear.

Honestly, if you're looking to buy a family boardgame, there are plethora of actually good ones out there...just don't spend $50 on reskin of the old design that's been obsolete for ages.

EDIT:  Ah, it seems to be $25...with some twists. Not as bad...but still too much for what pretty much boiles down to quite random roll and move game.

Darwinianevolution said:
I thought you were talking about Monopoly for the Swich. I wonder if you can play as Nintendo characters.

I hope they include this version into the Switch Monopoly, too. Seriously, that one needs to get  onto the Switch

Jranation said:
Me and my friends play this Pokemon one.

I got the Zelda Monopoly Version myself

Around the Network
PigPen said:
monocle_layton said:
Monopoly for Switch would be cool. Only need one controller, and you can move it around as the game goes on.

It'll also remove the hassle of running out of money

Monopoly for Switch is coming out this year. It's not a Mario game though. 

That's pretty neat. I must have missed the trailer, so thanks for the heads up

The 2nd dice looks weird, with a pow symbol, turtle shell, etc. It looks like this is more than just another Monopoly game with another skin, which is cool. Also, no New Mario Bros gaming coming this year apparently. Now sure why this was news. If there was one coming, I'm sure we'd know about it already.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread