By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you have any games pre-ordered for the switch?

The_Yoda said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
No because games never sell out so I find it pointless.

Granted it is because of the Prime membership but 20% off and at my door the day of release are a couple of nice points for me.  Also many games now-a-days have pre-order bonus content ... If however you get no discount and still have to travel for it, I can see where it would be pointless for you.

Well, discounts are a valid reason to pre-order. If I knew I cold get a good chunk of change off my purchase, I might pre-order a game too. I don't care about bonus stuff as I'm really just a physical kind of guy. 

But even if I did pre-order for a discount, it would only be on games like Splatoon or Mario etc. where I'm positive it's going to be a great game. I like to wait until reviews and forums/youtube get's their hands on games before making a purchase so I can make an informed decision. 

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
Cloudman said:
None. I usually don't pre-order games, unless it's a really niche title or it comes with a nice bonus.

I was the same way until I pre-ordered the switch and Zelda.  Not having to go anywhere release day was kind of nice plus the discount as I mentioned above (typically $12 USD) is kind of nice especially on Nintendo titles that will not drop in price for years.

Haha, yeeah, you caught me there. I pre-ordered it too. I just couldn't say no to that Zelda Switch case @_@

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Splatoon
Battle chasers
Mario & Rabbids
All 3 preordered.
Will Preorder
Odyssey
Xenoblade 2
Skyrim
Fire Emblem Warriors.

I don't preorder anymore unless there's some kind of preorder bonus I want. Dunno what it's like elsewhere in the world but here in oz you're better off waiting til just before the game is released and seeing which department store is gonna have the best special on a big game. I used to get screwed over so much in the past by NOT doing it that way.

Sonic Mania. Bout it ATM.

Around the Network

GameStop was running a 50%+ bonus trade credit near Switch launch, so I traded in a bunch of stuff and pre-ordered MK8D, Splatoon 2, and Oydssey.

Usually don't pre-order, but the deal was too good to pass up.

The Amazon 20% discount usually works up to a week after pre-order BTW. This is usually what I do. Wait for reviews/general audience reaction, then buy at 20% off.

specialk said:
GameStop was running a 50%+ bonus trade credit near Switch launch, so I traded in a bunch of stuff and pre-ordered MK8D, Splatoon 2, and Oydssey.

Usually don't pre-order, but the deal was too good to pass up.

The Amazon 20% discount usually works up to a week after pre-order BTW. This is usually what I do. Wait for reviews/general audience reaction, then buy at 20% off.

Someone else had mentioned the post launch discount.  If you are unsure about a game (and have Prime) this definately seems like the way to go. The Best Buy Gamer Club (or whatever it's called) seems like a good deal too if you live near one of the stores.

Just Splatoon 2 I don't pre order games until close to launch.

My preorders:

Splatoon 2 (Switch-Amazon) Struggling with this one because I'm really tempted to go digital at midnight (11pm my time :D )
Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch-Amazon)
RiME (Switch-Gamestop, got it on there for $30 before the real price was announced, and Gamestop seems to be honoring it as my order price hasn't changed)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch-Amazon)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch-Amazon)

Monster Hunter Stories (3DS-Amazon)
Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon (3DS-Amazon)

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4-Amazon)
Will probably preorder Monster Hunter World

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

We rarely get any pre-order bonuses here and we almost never need to pre-order (unless some sort of collectors edition, or new Amiibo).

So right now... I've got nothing.