By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Would you Improve on your Nintendo Switch?

Thread title says it all - I've been thinking a lot these days about how the UI could be improved.
Here's what I'd like to see (as soon as possible):
- Internet (icon in image is perfect)
- Standard applications (Spotify, Netflix, Youtube)
- Being able to send private messages to your friends
- Add an ''Invite button'' which sends an invitation to your online friends so they can join your game (instead of being an in-game feature like in ARMS or MK8D)
- Nintendo Lounge: a Discord-like application (which can be found in the icons) that let you integrate chat lobbies and speak with your friends
Ka-Pi, I know you want achievements.

Around the Network

I think new themes would also be cool, similar to the 3DS ones, and an option to have the larger view of your software being default.

Miitomo or Miiverse inclusion!

Green098 said:
I think new themes would also be cool, similar to the 3DS ones, and an option to have the larger view of your software being default.

Like... smaller icons for the software?

guiduc said:
Green098 said:

^Have the all software page be the default page, only re-worked to include the user, news, settings icons and stuff. Or least change the all software button to the start instead of the end of the software icons.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
guiduc said:

^Have the all software page be the default page, only re-worked to include the user, news, settings icons and stuff. Or least change the all software button to the start instead of the end of the software icons.

Yeah, that would be great.

Go figure, I didn't even know this icon existed xD

It may be insignificant to others, but I miss there being music on the OS.

I want a grid of game icons (per configuration option) like on the 3DS.

I want Miiverse.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Themes and colours (I would happy pay for them)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

VGPolyglot said:
It may be insignificant to others, but I miss there being music on the OS.

^ Please.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988