By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YES! MGS4 more similar to MGS2 than to MGS3!

well,

we still dont know anything !

it is obvious the 4 is closer to the 2 since the 4 will follow the 2 in the time and deals with all the questions the 2 has asked.

not sure if it is good or bad ... Just dont fail Kojima and you will be ok.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I don't care too much. Being similar in "structure" doesn't mean a lot.

I'm more worried about the actual plot and storytelling, which could go either way from the looks of things. Some parts of the trailers have been awesome (the whole "war has changed" thing, the Colonel's speech), while others have been just as cheesy and dumb as anything in MGS2 (the "RAGE!" ladies, the troops melodramatically writhing on the ground, the self-indulgent scenes that go on 3 times longer than they should).

Parts of it might disappoint, but I'm sure the game overall will be worthwhile.

self indulgence is a key factor in what made MGS2 so awesome.

""
while others have been just as cheesy and dumb as anything in MGS2 (the "RAGE!" ladies, the troops melodramatically writhing on the ground, the self-indulgent scenes that go on 3 times longer than they should).
""

==> what ? can u explain a bit more ???

what was so shocking inside in these scenes ?

Time to Work !

SWEET! I'll be able to take Dog-Tags again???? !!!:::!JK@#$

Seriously though, that was quite vague :x

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

If that April Fools joke (Altair Snake) and previews of the game are true in that cut-scenes and action are not plagued with load times (like MGS1, 2, and 3), then I'll be very happy.

Heck, if loading times in general are minimal I'll be happy. Nothing broke up the story of the series like the loading times (in my opinion) and trying to use the survival menu in MGS3 would get a little annoying from the time it would take to try and load it up and navigate it.

Though it'd be nice to know what 'closer to MGS2' actually means. 

billy07 said:

I prefer call it directorial masturbation, but whatever floats your boat.

We've been through this before. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Personally, I'm hoping MGS4 is MGS3 with Splinter Cell controls. That's all I want from the game. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
billy07 said:

We've been through this before. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Personally, I'm hoping MGS4 is MGS3 with Splinter Cell controls. That's all I want from the game.

Gameplay videos make me think that it's closer to MGS3 at least when it comes to what's going on around you. I really enjoyed the more open areas of MGS3. 

Meh. I vastly preferred 3 over 2. Oh well, it's not like I'll be playing it anytime soon anyway. =P

]rocketpig said:
billy07 said:

gameplay wise it's closer to MGS3. Storywise its closer to MGS2. Everyones happy now.