By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Master analyst, Michael Pachter, predicts that Switch will not sell near Wii.

VAMatt said:
I'll bet $50 to charity that Switch will not outsell the Wii. Any takers?

If nintendo had left out the HD rumble stuff,... and maybe sold it like 50$ cheaper right from the start, and not run into production issues, I think Id have taken that bet. As is, Im not sure it will actually hit 100m.

TheBraveGallade said:
if people say ps4 can do it the switch definetly can.

Its the go to choice for so many games, 3rd party ect.  It has 1,750 games or something atm.

It launched in a time where Wii U looked dead, Xbox fumbled, and PS4 was doing basically all the right moves.

Also

PS4slim = 1,840 Gflops + uncharted 4 + 500GB HDD for 264$ (amazon price)

Switch Grey = 150/397 Gflops + no game + 32GB storage for 419$ (amazon price)

Its just good value, compaired to the switch too, unless your really buying the Switch to own a handheld... then the 2in1 factor makes up for some of it.

That is why the PS4 will go onto do 100m. It has the highest value (performance/$) of all 3 options (switch,ps4,xb1) and the biggest library of new games.

Around the Network

It's gonna do around what the 3DS did, somewhere between 60-75M, but if Pachter says 50M then 100M for sure!

TheBraveGallade said:

The PS4 has already proven itself as one of the fastest selling consoles ever released, after this year it only needs ~25-28M units to reach the Wii.

The Switch has yet to prove itself, to say "if ps4 can do it the switch def can" is just ridiculous. It's already being outsold by the PS4 in America and Japan, probably in Sonyland (europe) and rotw too. The success of the PS4 isn't guaranteed to any console.

GProgrammer said:
I wish I could get paid to make obvious statements

That makes us 2.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Patcher is way off as usual, it will sale significantly more than 50 million, it will sale 110 million.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

To be honest in 8-10 years I can see a very small Switch compatible console perhaps with a low latency wireless display feature instead of dock doing great numbers. It will be cheap and low performance by the standards of the day but perfectly fine as a portable. At the moment Switch is bulky with low battery life but I think it may take something like 8 years to transform that performance into something that would fit into a tiny console with long battery life. It's really more about the business relationship with Nvidia and if they can get a good price later on. If Nvidia plays its old games of trying to screw over its business partners then maybe Nintendo will have to abandon the Switch software platform and come up with something new in order to save costs.

We simply don't know at this point enough information to make a solid prediction. The between xbox one and ps4 seems an easy prediction to make now but there are many other factors that will come into play later on that we just don't know about now.

Around the Network

Teh Inscrutable Almighty Analyst God spoke!

Dare you not doubting His Holy Word, you puny mortals!!!

As teh infidels will burn in analyst Hell!!!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

68m would be the figure I'd give right now, I don't expect Wii level sales.

TheBraveGallade said:

The Switch is currently trailing behind PS4 launches aligned:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=228581

And behind the Wii:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8474087

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Well, I agree mostly. Currently it seems to have momentum to sail past the 50 million mark. But Wii/100M may be harder. The weekly sales have to improve to reach that goal. While I think it is possible, so far we cannot tell.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Don't call it a day Mr. Pachter. Here's some VG analysts sales predictions from 2006/2007:

Michael Pachter: PS3 to 'Win' Console War Because of Blu-ray
Enterbrain: PS3 will lead Wii by Q4 2007
Strategy Analytics: PlayStation 3 predicted to sell 121.8 million
Merrill Lynch 2011 forecast: Xbox 360 and PS3 win, Wii loses
Nomura Securities: PS3 will outsell Wii by 60%
Michael Pachter: Wii is in no shape to outsell PS3 or Xbox 360