By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Oddworld creator apologizes for remarks made about Satoru Iwata, more

deskpro2k3 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Is that why the Switch is currently #1 and #16 on Amazon despite being sold at $420?

is that why the WiiU is such a smashing success?

What does that have to do with anything? Stop moving goal-posts lol. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Darashiva said:
Poor choice of words regarding Iwata, but I don't see anything wrong with the rest of what he's saying. He's correct in that some of Nintendo's way of thinking is outdated and needs to change. Of course, he was clearly wrong when he said that he thinks the Switch will be unsuccessful, but so what? That was just his opinion. People have been wrong about things like that on almost every new console that's released, so I don't see why that would matter to anyone.

He was wrong about:

- The specs of the Switch (he said it only had 2GB of RAM when it has 4GB)

- Nintendo using cartridges being a mistake: did he forget about the PSP fiasco with the UMD? Rampant piracy, awful loading times, easy to break, etc.

- The Switch being unsuccesful. It was already obvious by April that the Switch would be a success. 

- He was wrong (and distasteful about Iwata)

- He's wrong about Nintendo not advertising games unless they release on the same date as other versions. 

- He's wrong when he says the Wii wasn't succesful. 

-The specs of a console isn't really something  major to get riled up about. He was wrong about them. I don't see any reason to really care about that.

-Using cartridges could have been a mistake since you can never really tell these things beforehand. How does the PSP relate to this? None of the other current home console's use cartridges besides the Switch either.

-The success of a console is never set in stone even after release. Many console's that have had excellent launches and a lot of hype surrounding them before and during release have gone on to fail in the end. I don't think the Switch will fail, but it's never a certain thing that a console will be a success in the long run.

-I already said what he said about Iwata was a poor choice of words, so yeah, I agree on that.

-I have no clue about Nintendo's advertising, so can't really say much about that. 

-Where did he say the Wii wasn't successful? I only read that he said it wasn't the best environment for many third party developers, which is correct. If he did say that somewhere, then yeah he's wrong.

Maybe he talked some of these things in the video, but I don't have the time or really even the interest to watch the whole thing. 

Alkibiádēs said:
deskpro2k3 said:

is that why the WiiU is such a smashing success?

if you want to get technical lets see how far that success goes with minimal third party support. I mean look at the charts, PS4 is already out selling the NS globally.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Yay more upset people.

deskpro2k3 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

if you want to get technical lets see how far that success goes with minimal third party support. I mean look at the charts, PS4 is already out selling the NS globally.

Please, lets not turn this into a flamming war or just posting to get under people skins.The Wii U had nothing to do with what he was talking about.If you cant keep it civil, please just dont comment.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

And that is why twitter sucks. Takes like 7 tweets to barely put out anything.

deskpro2k3 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

You and everyone else saying this know very well why this is the case, and it's not due to lack of demand on the Switch's part.

--

OT: The guy is entitled to his opinion, but I think the apology was warranted when it comes to his tasteless assessment of Iwata.

deskpro2k3 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Vgchartz are just made up numbers and Switch is suffering from supply constraints. Look on Amazon, they just got a re-stock. Switch is dominating despite being much more expensive than the PS4. 

Just because Sony can't support a system without third party support doesn't mean Nintendo can't. 

Alkibiádēs said:

Vgchartz are just made up numbers

Yes, made up numbers which are less then what the PS4 has actually sold.

How this thread turned into a ps4 vs switch argument is beyond me.

Barkley said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Vgchartz are just made up numbers

Yes, made up numbers which are less then what the PS4 has actually sold.

How this thread turned into a ps4 vs switch argument is beyond me.

Which is why the PS4 is all of a sudden posting big numbers on Vgchartz last few weeks. Those numbers aren't reality. Vgchartz is just compensating for their under-tracking. 

It just shows how unreliable they are and it also means you can't compare the PS4's last few weeks with the Switch.