By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THQ Nordic looking to support Switch “wherever it’s possible”

Sounds like developers are having a blast with the switch. Thankfully the portability totally makes up for bad the hardware or else there would be a problem.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
That last paragraph is just... well, that's not good...

Which is odd considering that game isn't demanding since it's a turn based game. Have they suddenly forgot how to optimally port a game? I mean come on, they ported Darksiders Warmastered onto the Wii U of all consoles.

killeryoshis said:
They put Darksiders on the Wii U in 2017. I don't think people should worry about this developer.

Didn't it bomb though? Though it came out after Wii u was replaced lol

DélioPT said:

If a rushed port of one of the most demanding Nintendo games, Breath of the Wild, runs pretty well then a game like this should run no problem. They just need to optimize their code, that's what it sounds like. Which, let's face it, devs aren't really fond of these days. They are used to having the games run pretty well no matter what because the console, i.e. PS4/Xbone can handle poorly optimized code pretty well. It's either that, or they need to tone down some lighting effects or textures or polycounts which does kinda suck. That being said, this game really should have little issue running fully on Switch.

Dulfite said:
killeryoshis said:
They put Darksiders on the Wii U in 2017. I don't think people should worry about this developer.

Didn't it bomb though? Though it came out after Wii u was replaced lol

You make it seem like they were expecting it to be a hit. I don't know why they put it on the Wii U but it wasn't for the money.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:
DélioPT said:

Which is odd considering that game isn't demanding since it's a turn based game. Have they suddenly forgot how to optimally port a game? I mean come on, they ported Darksiders Warmastered onto the Wii U of all consoles.

Not knowing where they are having issues (could be Steep like issues), it's hard to determine if this is a serious issue or not.
Still, either they aren't good at optimizing (haven't played Darksiders Warmastered to see if there's problems with it), or Switch's lack of power issue might be more problematic than anticipated.

Ljink96 said:
DélioPT said:

If a rushed port of one of the most demanding Nintendo games, Breath of the Wild, runs pretty well then a game like this should run no problem. They just need to optimize their code, that's what it sounds like. Which, let's face it, devs aren't really fond of these days. They are used to having the games run pretty well no matter what because the console, i.e. PS4/Xbone can handle poorly optimized code pretty well. It's either that, or they need to tone down some lighting effects or textures or polycounts which does kinda suck. That being said, this game really should have little issue running fully on Switch.

It should, but it's having issues. And their other game, Elex, is probably unplayable.

They aren't saying Battle Chasers isn't running on Switch. They are just having problems having it running smoothly. And even here we don't even know what they are talking about.
Maybe they could be facing some Steep like issues. Or they could be having the same issues that Zelda has on Switch (some parts you can really feel the slowdown despite being on Switch.)

Kristof81 said:
Yeah, cool, now bring Darksiders 3 to Switch.

You can have Darksiders Deluxe at full price

Shikamo said:

“ It’s a bit sad that they haven’t gone out with a more beefy hardware”

Says the guys who just released a Wii U game in 2017. XD

de blob HD  collection on Switch. DO IT! Side note i will give it 1 year until THQ Nordic just named itself THQ.

vivster said:

Sounds like developers are having a blast with the switch. Thankfully the portability totally makes up for bad the hardware or else there would be a problem.

They certainly are

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1