By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - CNN reddit situation- Blackmailed user wrong person? BUZZFEED exposing CNN?!

CNN is Garbage

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
naruball said:

What violence have they promoted exactly?

@underlined OR! We're talking about two completely different cases.

Read my previous response before on the previous page since it applies to your first question as well.

Also what are you talking about 'two completely different cases'. There are plenty of people who's sole agenda is to just be against Trump no matter what. This instance is no different. 

Trump tweets a gif about CNN. People say it promoted violence towards the media.

CNN gets info on person who made a gif and would release it unless he apologized, essentially blackmailing him, and 'threatening violence' by trying to start a witch hunt on him if they released the info. Those same people who criticized Trump for 'promoting violence towards CNN' don't care if CNN did the same exact thing because it's fine to them as long as it makes Trump look bad in their eyes. 

The same people that would criticize Trump a million times if he did something bad wouldn't care if someone who was against Trump did something bad as long as it's against Trump or makes him look bad. Which is why I said despite how hypocritical it is some people just don't care and only care about being against Trump.

That's not promoting violence. Promoting violence would be the Cnn making a gif of the user, even if it's just his avatar, getting beat by another person. If that were to happen, you can call them hypocrites. What you're doing here is reaching.

Lafiel said:
barneystinson69 said:

What the fuck are you talking about? How the fuck does this gif show violence against minorities? CNN lost their shit over nothing...

you are a an educated guy, you can read very well - all the answers you seek are in that very post you quoted, but I highlighted them for you

I didn't read his other posts, but I really don't see how this tweet is at all part of a "pattern". We all have opinions I guess, but I respectfully disagree with the point you're trying to make. The post was probably made to poke fun, and CNN went totally over board.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

naruball said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Read my previous response before on the previous page since it applies to your first question as well.

Also what are you talking about 'two completely different cases'. There are plenty of people who's sole agenda is to just be against Trump no matter what. This instance is no different. 

Trump tweets a gif about CNN. People say it promoted violence towards the media.

CNN gets info on person who made a gif and would release it unless he apologized, essentially blackmailing him, and 'threatening violence' by trying to start a witch hunt on him if they released the info. Those same people who criticized Trump for 'promoting violence towards CNN' don't care if CNN did the same exact thing because it's fine to them as long as it makes Trump look bad in their eyes. 

The same people that would criticize Trump a million times if he did something bad wouldn't care if someone who was against Trump did something bad as long as it's against Trump or makes him look bad. Which is why I said despite how hypocritical it is some people just don't care and only care about being against Trump.

That's not promoting violence. Promoting violence would be the Cnn making a gif of the user, even if it's just his avatar, getting beat by another person. If that were to happen, you can call them hypocrites. What you're doing here is reaching.

To put it simply, what the redit user posted can possbly be considered insiting violence by a small amount of people, most people see it as a joke. What CNN did to threaten to dox him and actually put him in danger and his family is definetly considered violence by the majority, some countrys I belive even made it ilegal. So even if the gif was violence, cnn responded with even worse violence, does that make sense?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
naruball said:

To put it simply, what the redit user posted can possbly be considered insiting violence by a small amount of people, most people see it as a joke. What CNN did to threaten to dox him and actually put him in danger and his family is definetly considered violence by the majority, some countrys I belive even made it ilegal. So even if the gif was violence, cnn responded with even worse violence, does that make sense?

It does not.

1. Blackmailing is illegal and I'm all for CNN facing the reprecautions of their actions.

2. Also, I think what the poster made is just a funny gif and no legal action should be taken against him.

3. What Trump did is inexcusable, though I'm not sure if it's illegal.

Trump incited violence. Cnn did not. They, most likely, committed a crime and should be punished for it, but calling it "inciting violence" is wrong. 

Around the Network
naruball said:
eva01beserk said:

It does not.

1. Blackmailing is illegal and I'm all for CNN facing the reprecautions of their actions.

2. Also, I think what the poster made is just a funny gif and no legal action should be taken against him.

3. What Trump did is inexcusable, though I'm not sure if it's illegal.

Trump incited violence. Cnn did not. They, most likely, committed a crime and should be punished for it, but calling it "inciting violence" is wrong. 

Let me ask how a meme of a meme from 10 years ago incites violence? This took place in the WWE, a fake wrestling league. How then does a fake fight promote violence? Let's talk about the creator CNN falsely accused. Why threaten a guy who wasn't even the creator of the meme Trump retweeted? Was it because of the dark humor subreddit and CNN felt like they could exploit him compared to the man from Mexico who was the actual person who made the meme Trump retweeted? Was CNN blackmailing the wrong guy to try and get people to sympathize with them?

And on top of that, hasn't CNN by their logic of constantly bashing the right already incited violence? What about the attack on the Republican senators? The UPS driver who was killed during a Trump assassination attempt? All the people destroying DC after the election being portrayed by CNN as 'peaceful'? Wasn't Van Jones's whitelash statement persecution against whites, implying only whites voted for Trump.

You cannot defend the monster that is CNN, everytime they cry victim there are more examples that contradict themselves.

So what is the real story here. The Reddit guy says that CNN did not threaten him but asked for an interview. Also it seems that the Reddit guy posted the apology on his own because his video was changed from the original. So what is the truth in this incident. Is it this line that from CNN the issue "CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change." When I go to all the Fox type news sites that is what I see them making the big deal over.

In other news, HanAssholeSolo actually supported doxxing others https://i.imgur.com/Pt1nrGZ.png

Guess he didn't want people to find out the ugly truth.

Otherwise, this is still a complete mess

Machiavellian said:
So what is the real story here. The Reddit guy says that CNN did not threaten him but asked for an interview. Also it seems that the Reddit guy posted the apology on his own because his video was changed from the original. So what is the truth in this incident. Is it this line that from CNN the issue "CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change." When I go to all the Fox type news sites that is what I see them making the big deal over.

The story is CNN blackmailing him. First of all, the video Trump retweeted wasn't even Solo's original creation, so CNN went after the wrong guy, presumabley because he posted something familiar to it and posted things in the dark humor thread, making CNN realize they could exploit him and have him serve as a scape goat. It's now been confirmed by BuzzFeed of all places that the man who got his video retweeted by Trump was a guy anonymous in Mexico, not the guy CNN went after.

Secondly, CNN's statement is its own proof of blackmail. By saying CNN holds the right to publish his identity if he goes against his pledge, odds are there is doxxing involved, seeing as how both sides where not together before this incident. The idea of doxxing someone for posting a meme you don't like is not and should not be tolerated in anyway.

Lastly, the whole he apologized before they called him was a scam. The writer is trying to save face by attempting to claim he issued the apology before they called him, but what he forgot to mention was how in the article he specifically emailed the guy before the apology, the apology was issued, and then they called him. The idea that CNN in no way blackmailed him is an understatement at best, and a flat out lie.

Also, I want to see what CNN sent him in that email before hand. Someone should make a petition for that.

monocle_layton said:
In other news, HanAssholeSolo actually supported doxxing others https://i.imgur.com/Pt1nrGZ.png

Guess he didn't want people to find out the ugly truth.

Otherwise, this is still a complete mess

Not that I agree with what is said there (I Don't BTW), but I need to see a full compilation of what was said before that. It could potentially be taken out of context in some fashion.