By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - CNN reddit situation- Blackmailed user wrong person? BUZZFEED exposing CNN?!

EspadaGrim said:
monocle_layton said:

So the user bragged about it when he wasn't even responsible and has been exposed?

And now BUZZFEED is actually showing honest journalism?

What the hell is going on???

The meme was created by some dude in 4chan reportedly some Mexican guy some time ago, the reddit user found it and posted it on r/The_Donald and shortly after it Donald Trump tweeted the meme.

Oh was that the 15 year old Mexican kid they were talking about?

I'm sorry, I just now found this BuzzFeed article and now I'm in the pure state of hilarity and confusion.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
monocle_layton said:

So the user bragged about it when he wasn't even responsible and has been exposed?

And now BUZZFEED is actually showing honest journalism?

What the hell is going on???

The meme was created by some dude in 4chan reportedly some Mexican guy some time ago, the reddit user found it and posted it on r/The_Donald and shortly after it Donald Trump tweeted the meme.

So does this mean future history textbooks will have a fun fact section reserved for this meme war?

TH3-D0S3R said:
EspadaGrim said:

I'm sorry, I just now found this BuzzFeed article and now I'm in the pure state of hilarity and confusion.

No the Mexican guy is a bussiness owner so he is an adult.

monocle_layton said:
EspadaGrim said:

So does this mean future history textbooks will have a fun fact section reserved for this meme war?

This is technically the Second Great Meme War.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/us/pepe-the-frog-hate-symbol-trnd/index.html

monocle_layton said:
EspadaGrim said:

probably, I don't believe that this meme war will ever live up to the Meme war of 2016 and HWNDU wars. Hopefully the Kek army bring their A game to this one.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

Oh okay. I had seen something about a 15 year old Mexican meme poster and CNN about 5 hours ago (I can't believe I just said that under a political context). I wasn't sure if it was crap or that was the person at odds with CNN.

Either way, CNN just reported fake news about memeposters, freaking MEMEPOSTERS!!! I can't believe we've reached that state in society. It's pathetic and yet hilarious at the same time.

TH3-D0S3R said:
EspadaGrim said:

Oh okay. I had seen something about a 15 year old Mexican meme poster and CNN about 5 hours ago (I can't believe I just said that under a political context). I wasn't sure if it was crap or that was the person at odds with CNN.

Either way, CNN just reported fake news about memeposters, freaking MEMEPOSTERS!!! I can't believe we've reached that state in society. It's pathetic and yet hilarious at the same time.

Yeah they Overreacted and deserve everything that of whats coming to them. Just goes to show you how out of touch many people are with internet culture.

EspadaGrim said:
monocle_layton said:

probably, I don't believe that this meme war will ever live up to the Meme war of 2016 and HWNDU wars. Hopefully the Kek army bring their A game to this one.

They already have.

(Warning, this is a link of dank memes from one of the masters of dank, Alex Jones. If you don't like Dank or Jones, don't click, now on to the memes!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLGohKW21tI

PRAISE BE TO KEK, the almightiest of Keks.

CNN doesn't have much against Reddit/Buzzfeed/4chan. This will be a very quick war

Lafiel said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

IRRELIVENT. 

We're not talking about his past history, we're talking about this specific post, which is what they are specifically targetting. People are capable of horrible and idiotic behavior, but a major news network is supposed to be above that.

And if you're going to defend this major news network essentially blackmailing a civilian over a fucking gif, (which is what I'm bewilderingly gathering here) than I have nothing more to say to you.

The posting history of said account isn't at all irrelevant, it contextualizes that the gif was part of a pattern of violence towards minorities and the media the user spread and the fame it brought him (by himself claiming it as his) made the user's previous post circulate in the social networks aswell.

Holding people accountable for what they elect to share to the public (and the internet is a freaking gigantic public) is part of the job of the media. That's not blackmail, CNN isn't extorting him and if what he posted in perceived anonymity (yet he posted information that made him identifiable) is something that can put his life in jeopardy (what kind of "jokes" do get this harmful to yourself as soon as you put your name to them, huh?) then that is his own personal responsibility. Atleast CNN gave him the option to remain anonymous.

Personally I think hatemongers need to be exposed and held accountable, no matter if they preach in churches, synagoges, mosques, other temples or the internet.

Btw as you said yourself, that one gif was harmless. It would have done nothing to his life if that was the worst he ever posted on that account and his real name was made public, so by saying he was "blackmailed" you acknowledged yourself that his posting history is in fact not irrelevant.

What the fuck are you talking about? How the fuck does this gif show violence against minorities? CNN lost their shit over nothing...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).