By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft is deserving of praise, not criticism, for XBox 1 not having many exclusives

PS4 has the exclusives, and the multiplats are better on PS4..... Now we have the $500 xbox one, but mutiplats are better on the PC. It's currently in no man's land, and the exclusives anchor a platform. Just a tough spot for Microsoft. I don't know why anyone would buy an xbox one in this generation, there is no compelling reason, and that's a problem.

Around the Network
dgboweniii said:
PS4 has the exclusives, and the multiplats are better on PS4..... Now we have the $500 xbox one, but mutiplats are better on the PC. It's currently in no man's land, and the exclusives anchor a platform. Just a tough spot for Microsoft. I don't know why anyone would buy an xbox one in this generation, there is no compelling reason, and that's a problem.

Actually multiplats are NOW better on Xbox One X. I agree most multiplats are best on PC. Unless the devs poorly optimizes.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

dgboweniii said:

Over what, 30 million gamers already bought an xbox one this generation so surely the compelling reason has to be there somewhere. Just keep digging buddy!

It's not about them holding games hostage, like they always do and keep doing, but it's about them not developing any game at all. Both Sony and Nintendo have really great 1st party games that make me want to buy their consoles. Microsoft on the other hand, not even in the 360 days. Unless it's all about hardware, which I don't agree, I can't praise Microsoft for not putting the effort to develop something. But I will praise Sony for masterpieces like The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted and will praise Nintendo for masterpieces like Breath of The Wild and Mario Oddyssey. Do I have to spend extra money to play everything? Yes, but just knowing those games exist make me excited for gaming. That's why I don't agree with a multiplat future, most multiplatform games are stupid and follow stupid trends. I cannot be excited with the shit Ubisoft and EA keep releasing all the time and that's most of Xbox One's library right now.

So much this, MS games are essentially undesireable because you cant buy them on Steam. Gotta figure that changes eventually.

Around the Network

Ugh... while your totally right, the Steam link isn't any good. LOL I built a mini-ITX rig that fits in my entertainment center.

dgboweniii said:
Ugh... while your totally right, the Steam link isn't any good. LOL I built a mini-ITX rig that fits in my entertainment center.

Little off topic but I recently got Steam Link for 5 dollars (autumn sale) plus 7.50 shipping.  I've used it for 5+ hours streaming through wifi from an adjacent room from where the router is and have seen no slowdown while playing GRID Autosport.  I'm not sure why people have problems with streaming with it through ethernet if it works perfectly fine through wifi for me.  Perhaps their computer isn't good enough to stream, perhaps too much interference, or router/isp sucks? 

I don't know but I have seen no issues myself.  Perhaps I'm just one of the few lucky ones?

So i could play the games on both systems, but mostly i prefer the xbox for shooters/sports/racers every 3-4 years 1 rpg and im using the pc only for rts games like rome 2 total war or aoe2 hd

i tested GoW 4 on the pc and it runs fine with 960gtx 2gbvram, i5 6550, 8 gb ddr 4 and a ssd @ 1080p with high settings ~ 45-60 fps

I like the ecosystem of the xbox especially xbox live (best network in my opinion) and the worlds best gamepad also i prefer halo 5, forza and gow 4 over zelda uncharted and the other singleplayer exclusive games from nin and sony the one and only exception for me is mario kart wich was and could be the only reason to buy a switch for 99$ with 2 gamepads and the game inclusive, because i only would use it as a party console if some friends where at my home. i dont have any interest in the complete sony exclusive libary or from nintendo at all. For the most games i had to get payed to play them. (without mario kart which is really a nice game ;) )

Also it is sweet to play some games together with friends like gow4 horde mode (coop) with friends who prefer pc over xbox.

Last edited by Jigsawx1 - on 14 December 2017

Just seems like good video game business sense for your hardware to have exclusive titles as a reason to purchase that console as opposed to another one.

The way Microsoft forces all its kinda exclusive games to be available on PC is swell enough for the average consumer who wants more access to games
(I own a switch but I can still play cuphead on a computer!) but investing in their gaming console (especially an expensive one) seems pointless when it gives you little advantage....(especially when you consider you can use an xbox controller on PC)

The next Xbox should just be a collaboration with Valve to bring back Steam Machines....The Steam Box.....X Steam....The Xbox Box....

KiigelHeart said:
dgboweniii said:

Over what, 30 million gamers already bought an xbox one this generation so surely the compelling reason has to be there somewhere. Just keep digging buddy!

If you had a choice to develop for a console with 70million gamers and 30million gamers, where would you as a business logically focus the company's efforts. Keeping in mind that for each platform you release on, means more overhead and more support you have to give. If I were running a company I'd focus on the 70million gamer market, then once the game has done well there, target the the 30million gamer market. If it doesn't do well in the 70million gamer marker, then I'm unlikely to waste my time porting to the 30million gamer market. 

Let's compare how franchises sell on each platform:

A popular multiplaform game like FIFA 18 

PS4 : 6.9 million units sold in 5 weeks

Xbox One: 1.6 million units sold in 5 weeks 

That's a 4.3:1 sales lead to PS4 

Assassin Creed Origins, the PS4 is 2:1 sales lead over Xbox One

Well lets compare how well Xbox One exclusives do, compared to PS4 exclusives. 

Xbox One Forza : 395,000 units in 5 weeks

PS4 Gran Tourismo Sport : 1.2 million units in 2 weeks

3:1 sales lead to PS4

The list goes on.

All data taken from end of October 2017

So as a game developer, if I had to only develop for 1 console to keep costs down, the clear winner here is PS4, hands down!!

The numbers don't lie.