By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft is deserving of praise, not criticism, for XBox 1 not having many exclusives

I often come across the complaint that many XBox 1 games that would have otherwise been exclusives are also put on PC thus rendering them non-exclusives and I'm wondering why people complain?

Does a game being available on more than one platform not make it more readily available to people thus benefiting the consumer? Is the ability to play a game on more than one configuration not a good thing? PS4 and Switch exclusives can only be played on their respective platforms but with XBox1/PC, you have more choice.

Online gaming on PC is free last I checked so you don't even need to pay a subscription fee to play these games online. Microsoft undermines their own efforts to charge for online multiplayer by making their otherwise-XBox 1 exclusive games also available on PC.

Already got a gaming PC? Great! No need to buy an XBox 1 and we the consumers win but I cannot recall any time wherein Microsoft has received rightful praise for their pro-consumer policy of making their software available on XBox 1 AND PC rather than just locking their software to one box.

What's the deal with people complaining instead of praising?

Around the Network

I feel a chunk of people just want justification for buying their platform, and exclusives are the easiest way to do that.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Cuz you know....console wars!

Joking aside, that's good and bad at the same time for the very reasons you've already stated. I don't personally see it as a negative, but I understand the thought process of someone saying that Xbox doesn't have an identity either.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

That's a good point. If anything Play Anywhere is a program that provides more options, that adds more opportunities.

For me, Microsoft dilluting the strength of the word exclusive isn't the problem. It's the fact that all these games shared across the Microsoft/PC ecosystem aren't that attractive.

So I say to Microsoft: keep putting Xbox games on PC and vice versa. Just be sure to make those games worth playing on one or another platform.

I am mostly praising them. Its when people say shit like it's as fast if not faster than a 1070 is when I need to get my stick out.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
b00moscone said:
I feel a chunk of people just want justification for buying their platform, and exclusives are the easiest way to do that.

Gotta measure them e-penises.

Rafie said:
Cuz you know....console wars!

Joking aside, that's good and bad at the same time for the very reasons you've already stated. I don't personally see it as a negative, but I understand the thought process of someone saying that Xbox doesn't have an identity either.

The only bad I can really see is online console warz will be harder to "win" but I've always found humility more respectable than vanity.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
That's a good point. If anything Play Anywhere is a program that provides more options, that adds more opportunities.

For me, Microsoft dilluting the strength of the word exclusive isn't the problem. It's the fact that all these games shared across the Microsoft/PC ecosystem aren't that attractive.

So I say to Microsoft: keep putting Xbox games on PC and vice versa. Just be sure to make those games worth playing on one or another platform.

Fair point.

Captain_Yuri said:
I am mostly praising them. Its when people say shit like it's as fast if not faster than a 1070 is when I need to get my stick out.

lol

Yeah you're right. Microsoft should be praised. I can play all their games on PC now, they saved me having to buy an xbox.
Thanks MS

Because otherwise I would be mad that I wasted 350$ on a PS4 when I could upgrade my PC even further with this money?
So yeah, I literally bought a console for its exclusives.

PEEPer0nni said:

Because otherwise I would be mad that I wasted 350$ on a PS4 when I could upgrade my PC even further with this money?
So yeah, I literally bought a console for its exclusives.

Same thing for me. Without exclusives I wouldnt give a flying f about the console, I'd just play on pc.