By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did Gravity Rush make you feel dizzy?

Tagged games:

Did Gravity Rush make you feel dizzy?

Yes 6 17.65%

No 28 82.35%

Total:34

Nope. I've never ever gotten any sort of motion sickness from a video game. Always wanted to though, to the extent that I've tried many different VR and similar such things, but it never works. GR is especially mild though. Only issue I have, in games with varying gravity, is they reverse the controls on you sometimes (like SMG) which can be annoying. Other than that... I wish I got dizzy from a game

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

But I generally suffer from motion sickness in general. While in a vehicle it's very common for me. Does that happen to you too?

Oh yeah I get travel sickness big time, especially if I'm in a car or on a bus, it's not so bad on a train, never been on a plane or a boat though, so no idea about those two. Unrelated to Gravity Rush but I also get travel anxiety too, especially if I'm on a crowded bus or train for like half an hour or longer, panicking and shit ensues, which is why I usually have my earphones in with music and/or playing games on my phone or handheld console of choice on that day, as a distraction.

You guys would hate me driving you anywhere. I tend to treat my car like a racecar when it comes to turning and making really quick stops, etc. That and I like pretending Im racing XD

Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

But I generally suffer from motion sickness in general. While in a vehicle it's very common for me. Does that happen to you too?

Oh yeah I get travel sickness big time, especially if I'm in a car or on a bus, it's not so bad on a train, never been on a plane or a boat though, so no idea about those two. Unrelated to Gravity Rush but I also get travel anxiety too, especially if I'm on a crowded bus or train for like half an hour or longer, panicking and shit ensues, which is why I usually have my earphones in with music and/or playing games on my phone or handheld console of choice on that day, as a distraction.

The thing is, I can't play games because it makes my motion sickness even worse!!

StarOcean said:
Bristow9091 said:

You guys would hate me driving you anywhere. I tend to treat my car like a racecar when it comes to turning and making really quick stops, etc. That and I like pretending Im racing XD

D: Didn't you say that you got a speeding ticket before, too?

VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

I dont usually speed. That was a dumb mistake. But generally I dont need to speed to drive fun XD 

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
VGPolyglot said:

I dont usually speed. That was a dumb mistake. But generally I dont need to speed to drive fun XD 

XD I remember I had a cousin who drove like crazy too, it scared the hell out of my being in his car.

Bristow9091 said:

So I've been playing Gravity Rush since Thursday, originally had it for the Vita but didn't get very far, and the controls, albeit clever, just didn't work in my favour, having to physically turn around to aim behind me, nah... but anyway, I got it on the PS4 last year and have only just gotten round to playing it, spent about twelve hours with it, most of them on Saturday night, and a couple tonight (Not finished it yet though, so no spoilers please!)... and there's one thing about it that I don't like;

It makes me feel dizzy!

Like, I literally feel disorientated after playing it, dizzy and with a headache, it's never happened to me with any game, this is the first... I've played games in VR and felt fine, and this is just on a static screen, it's weird!

Has this happened with anyone else here while playing it either on the Vita or PS4?

I couldn't really get along with the Vita version either. It seemed like the wrong platform for a game like that with a few annoying control quirks coming with it.

I absolutely adore the PS4 version though. So smooth, so much better controls, I loved every minute of it. Sorry to hear that you have these issues with dizzyness and headaches! I never had such issues myself, but I can imagine that a game like this can bring issues like that for some people. Maybe sitting a bit farther from the TV could help?

I won't give any spoilers, but it's definitely worth persevering and playing through it. It's one of those rare games that just keeps getting better, and the last battle is just epic.

One tip: Don't attempt to be too precise with aiming because the game isn't really about that; your attacks usually will land. It's all about the flow of weightless zipping through the air and chosing the right moments of attack. Once I realized that (which happened only when I tried the PS4 version), it all clicked in a big way.

Bristow9091 said:
Well guys I managed to finish it! Even if my head is hurting slightly now... but either way, it was a really fun experience and the story was good for the most part, the ending seemed a little sudden in my opinion, and there's still some questions which I'm gonna' assume get answered in the sequel... look forward to playing that, but gonna' play a few games inbetween to mix it up a little :P

The game is a rather easy and rewarding platinum trophy as well, provided that you don't puke

Bristow9091 said:
Well guys I managed to finish it! Even if my head is hurting slightly now... but either way, it was a really fun experience and the story was good for the most part, the ending seemed a little sudden in my opinion, and there's still some questions which I'm gonna' assume get answered in the sequel... look forward to playing that, but gonna' play a few games inbetween to mix it up a little :P

It will answer some stuff but it will also give you more unanswered questions

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

When you play 2 just be prepared for an even worse camera. Do side missions just for costumes and leveling up but don't expect to enjoy them. Yeah let me know if you get past the missiles late in the game of 2. Closest I came to gamer rage.