By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did Gravity Rush make you feel dizzy?

Tagged games:

Did Gravity Rush make you feel dizzy?

Yes 6 17.65%

No 28 82.35%

Total:34

So I've been playing Gravity Rush since Thursday, originally had it for the Vita but didn't get very far, and the controls, albeit clever, just didn't work in my favour, having to physically turn around to aim behind me, nah... but anyway, I got it on the PS4 last year and have only just gotten round to playing it, spent about twelve hours with it, most of them on Saturday night, and a couple tonight (Not finished it yet though, so no spoilers please!)... and there's one thing about it that I don't like;

It makes me feel dizzy!

Like, I literally feel disorientated after playing it, dizzy and with a headache, it's never happened to me with any game, this is the first... I've played games in VR and felt fine, and this is just on a static screen, it's weird!

Has this happened with anyone else here while playing it either on the Vita or PS4?

Around the Network

Nope

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Sometimes but nothing too crazy.

No. Took a short while to get used to the controls and navigating. Other than that, no unwanted side effects.

Hunting Season is done...

Mike321 said:
Sometimes but nothing too crazy.

Hmm well it didn't on Thursday, I played it for a few hours then, but on Saturday I think I played like six or seven hours in one sitting... I'd say it was due to just generally playing a game for so long, but I've had sessions where I can sit at a game for 10+ hours without interruption and I've felt fine, so my only answer is to put it down to this game, I also started getting the feeling today after only two hours of gameplay too.

I'm still gonna' carry on playing the game, fuck the headaches and stuff lol, it's such a fun game, and I'm looking forward to playing the sequel afterwards too (Although not right after, gonna' break it up with a few games inbetween)

Around the Network

you dont have to physically turn around to aim behind you

I played it on a demo at Best Buy and got slightly dizzy and slightly disoriented. So it may just depend on the person, but the graphical style and gameplay just don't work for me.

Bristow9091 said:

Hmm well it didn't on Thursday, I played it for a few hours then, but on Saturday I think I played like six or seven hours in one sitting... I'd say it was due to just generally playing a game for so long, but I've had sessions where I can sit at a game for 10+ hours without interruption and I've felt fine, so my only answer is to put it down to this game, I also started getting the feeling today after only two hours of gameplay too.

I'm still gonna' carry on playing the game, fuck the headaches and stuff lol, it's such a fun game, and I'm looking forward to playing the sequel afterwards too (Although not right after, gonna' break it up with a few games inbetween)

Oh yeah long sessions with the game can get a little dizzy, though I never got a headache or anything like that. The game is worth the dizziness though it's such a fun and charming game (my favorite new ip this gen) and the sequel is also great.

tinfamous12 said:
I played it on a demo at Best Buy and got slightly dizzy and slightly disoriented. So it may just depend on the person, but the graphical style and gameplay just don't work for me.

I actually LOVE the art style, and the gameplay is really fun, but y'know, they can't please everyone :P 

Mike321 said:
Bristow9091 said:

Oh yeah long sessions with the game can get a little dizzy, though I never got a headache or anything like that. The game is worth the dizziness though it's such a fun and charming game (my favorite new ip this gen) and the sequel is also great.

I can agree with this, I'm definitely gonna' endure and get through it, the game is too fun to give up over a headache lol, I'm really enjoying my time with it so far, gameplay and story wise!

As for being your favourite new IP this gen, from what I've played so far it's definitely high on my list, not quite at the top though :P 

Bristow9091 said:

I can agree with this, I'm definitely gonna' endure and get through it, the game is too fun to give up over a headache lol, I'm really enjoying my time with it so far, gameplay and story wise!

As for being your favourite new IP this gen, from what I've played so far it's definitely high on my list, not quite at the top though :P 

It definitely has some very tough competition so can't blame you