By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 27th May 2017, Hardware and Software

UltimateGamer1982 said:
curl-6 said:

PS4 and Switch are the only platforms with healthy sales at this point.

Everything else is either bordering on irrelevant or already there.

This is true. Seems PS4 and Switch are the only two platforms doing really well. Reminds me of the 32 bit era with ps1 and n64 being the top two platforms of that era. But xb1 and 3ds are still doing decent all things considered :)

Xbox One usually has strong holidays. 

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Barkley said:

Not quite that high.

487.8m Retail + Digital Software sold on PS4 as of June 10th

So around 20% going by VGC retail figures. (390m Retail, 98m Digital)

How is VGC tracking digital figures? Lol

Going by VGC figures for retail, then subtracting that from combined software.

Switch seems to have the lowest possible around 150k with all the stock issues. When Nintendo sorts the stock problem, I think it couls get to the 250k mark. But i don't see that happening in the short term, sadly. Still, it s in a really healthy position.

wow ps4.
seems vgc is rushing to match the sales numbers sony mentioned on E3

jonathanalis said:
wow ps4.

It is well known  that VG has been underestimating Playstation sales.

Around the Network

So how many Switches have been sold at this point, something like 4 million? The wii u was about 3.5 million in the first 3 months. It doesn't seem like a world of difference at this point in actual ownership of the console even if the wii u had retailers saturated with consoles and the Switch has customers waiting for their console. I thought optimistically we might have seen up to 6 million at this point and then a downturn as Nintendo had satisfied their main fanbase. It still seems like millions more are needed just to get to that point.

Seems like the stock situation in uk is back to being partially stocked with many Argos stores having neon Switches and a few online retailers with non scalper prices.

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch

bonzobanana said:
So how many Switches have been sold at this point, something like 4 million? The wii u was about 3.5 million in the first 3 months. It doesn't seem like a world of difference at this point in actual ownership of the console even if the wii u had retailers saturated with consoles and the Switch has customers waiting for their console. I thought optimistically we might have seen up to 6 million at this point and then a downturn as Nintendo had satisfied their main fanbase. It still seems like millions more are needed just to get to that point.

Seems like the stock situation in uk is back to being partially stocked with many Argos stores having neon Switches and a few online retailers with non scalper prices.

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch

I'm pretty sure it didn't reach that. More like 2.5M maybe, but the WiiU baseline hit like 30k weekly in 3 months, so there's a massive difference between both situations. I think that the best WiiU year haven't even reached 4M. Switch seems like it might have a 150k baseline until the production ramps up.  

jonathanalis said:
wow ps4.

By early June its supposed to be over 60,4m units sold through.

This is from May 27ths.

VGC is like 1.1m undertracked atm, and I guess they gotta work out where to put that.

PS4 out sells everything combined with room to spare.

loy310 said:
PS4 out sells everything combined with room to spare.

It's a repeat of the Ps2 generation. The exception is that Switch will Outsell Gc by big margins and Xbox One should double or better the Original.