By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Breath of the Wild convinced me to try Witcher 3 and......

Tagged games:

i miss playing that game. Fond memories.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Nogamez said:

So far it's great, got the game of the year edition for 17 pound on psn, excellent price. First impressions were cutscenes lookes fantastic,not quite UC4 quality but game is 2yr old.

Gameplay isn't quite as fun as BOTW, and the controls are definitely worse, can't quite put my finger on it but I turned the sensitivity right down which helps. I don't know just feels abit clumsy? Anyways loved Botw and it convinced me to give Witches 3 a try.

I can tell already  that Witches 3 has a better story, better VA and obviously better graphics but BOTW has better gameplay and better physics. Can't wait to delve deeper into the Witches 3 lore and world. Oh and Tomira the herbalist has the best booty I've seen in a video game 😍

I hated botw and sold it half way through on kijiji.  but witcher 3 is one of my fav games ever. i have maybe 400_+ hrs in it. 

I read all the witcher books except 1 as well.  cuz fell in love with the game so much i bought the books and did a marathon. WITCHER IS LIFE!

just reading this makes me wanna go play some right now. but i gotta start sniper elite 4 lol 

shikamaru317 said:

The melee combat in Witcher games is a bit weak, Witcher 3 was an improvement over Witcher 2, but it still could be better. I went into the Signs skill tree as a result of the meh melee, for me it's much more fun to dominate my enemies with signs. Once you get your sign intensity stat way up and upgrade your Igni and Quen signs all the way, you can just hose enemies down with your flamethrower hand while keeping safe with Quen.

It's a great game overall for sure, can't wait for the eventual Witcher 4, and of course Cyberpunk 2077.

The combat is great just gotta get used to it. once you get the top teir WW move its almost art and perfectly made combat. you see the true value of a witchers training.

It's definitely a good game. It probably has the best story, characters, dialog and overall execution compared to most RPGs. Gameplay and combat really shine when you play the game on the harder difficulties because you don't really need to optimize for the regular game by using the better builds/gear so you end up trying to utilize everything. Also, the DLCs expand on what you can do in combat a great deal and with the story so they're definitely worth getting.

Crank the difficulty up and learn to use all your tools. Once you get used to how Geralt moves it becomes far more intuitive. Biggest issues for me were some enemy hitboxes being outlandish and your horse sometimes coming to an abrupt halt during a race for no reason. Oh, and the low limit of equippable perks is sort of annoying; understandable from a game design perspective, but still annoying.

Around the Network

I loved exploring the landscape in TW3, turning the mini map off was the best way to play. However once I had been everywhere the game slowly turned into a chore to finish. It was great for the first 30 hours then slowly went downhill to a sigh of relief when it was finally done near the 50 hour mark. In comparison, BotW entertained me for 170+ hours.

I actually enjoyed the witcher books more. Geralt seems less of an ass in the books.

Hated witcher 3. Witcher 2 was amazing but the story in 3 was poorly done. To much fluff thrown into the story.

One of the things that annoyed me the most this gen is how mediocre W3's gameplay and combat is. It was unfortunate for it to come right after Bloodborne too, having to go from that to W3s clunky, unresponsive eurojank gameplay.

Same thing happened with Skyrim, came right after Dark Souls.

shikamaru317 said:
method114 said:
Hated witcher 3. Witcher 2 was amazing but the story in 3 was poorly done. To much fluff thrown into the story.

While I can't say that I hated Witcher 3's story, I was annoyed by the fact that they ignored the Iorveth path in Witcher 2 completely in Witcher 3. None of the Iorveth path characters make an appearance at all, no Iorveth, no Saskia, no Yarpen. Not only do they not appear in the game, they're not even mentioned as far as I remember. That really sucks because the Iorveth path was much better than the Roche path. I figured they'd show up in the DLC, but no such luck there either. They'd better show up in Witcher 4 when they finally make it.

there wont be a witcher 4 they said 3 was the last. sadly.

I liked Witcher 3, but tbh I was glad I was done with it at about 45 hours. Didn't captivate me as much. Currently at 140+ hours with Zelda though.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]