By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mar1217 said:

So yeah, uuuhh ... That Midori "leaker" that posted a lot of "leaks" on twitter has finally been outed as an ex-false leaker (MysticDancer).

From what I understand, he got his info on the Sega/Atlus part from internal presentations that were done in-between 2021-2023.

Any info that relays from outside that, like the Nintendo codenames we heard or Square Enix stuff we heard is most likely false or pump up from other actual "leakers".

Tragic end but it goes to say that chasing the internet clout truly is a no gain full pain process here lol

I understand the people that are leakers.  Or even the fake leakers.  I just don't understand the people that obsess over leaks.  There is no benefit to getting information early.  It doesn't make the games come any faster.  The information will be announced when it is announced.  Plus, if you don't care about leaks, you don't get fooled by all the fakes.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

In the last few years, it seems like suddenly everyone has lost interest in Donkey Kong!

CaptainExplosion said:

Can one of them include a mini golf course as a nod to the somewhat forgotten Kirby's Dream Course for Super NES? Complete with golf balls that each have Kirby faces on them? ^^

Yes, also since we're talking about Dream Course , I'm planning to play that soon through NSO.

It'll be my first time since the early 2000s since I played it.

Mar1217 said:

I'll tell you this at least, each end of chapter boss are more so puzzles in themselves than a simple DPS check, so have fun with it. 

The music by Revo is fire as usual too, that was one of my highlights of the game.

I think the weight mostly exist so that you can't access higher tier of equipment too fast. Though, it's a trivial matter the more you level up and later in the game. 

I'm fine with the chapter boss thing, as long as I dont have "repeat" stuff like in the first game lol

Revo is awesome, glad they were brought back, Second's OST even though it used some tracks from the first game, the new tracks didnt seem as good as the first game. Barely got into this game so hoping we get some more awesome tracks.

Yeah, its not too much of an issue at all (about the weight).

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

In the last few years, it seems like suddenly everyone has lost interest in Donkey Kong!

You mean Nintendo did , I still have interest :(

No, it seems that over the past few years both the gaming media and the community have suddenly quit talking about Donkey Kong.

Or a loss of interest in the new title.

This would include those who complained that "Nintendo was ignoring Donkey Kong.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 13 June 2024

I'd like another DK game - Retro's is great and all but I wouldnt mind a 3D one too.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

So yeah, uuuhh ... That Midori "leaker" that posted a lot of "leaks" on twitter has finally been outed as an ex-false leaker (MysticDancer).

From what I understand, he got his info on the Sega/Atlus part from internal presentations that were done in-between 2021-2023.

Any info that relays from outside that, like the Nintendo codenames we heard or Square Enix stuff we heard is most likely false or pump up from other actual "leakers".

Tragic end but it goes to say that chasing the internet clout truly is a no gain full pain process here lol

So what about the Direct date?

CaptainExplosion said:

So what about the Direct date?

Multiple sources say June 17th or June 18th.

Another one says at the end of the month.

A June direct is obvious going by past years

2023: June 21

2022: June 22 and June 28

2021: June 15 and June 28

2020: June 22

2019: June 5 and June 11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I refuse to let Donkey Kong die! Whether it's the OG Country trilogy on NSO, emulating DK64, or replaying Tropical Freeze on my Switch, I make sure to play them all every year. Like how there's fans that Hollow Knight Silksong or Bloodborne Remastered get announced, that's me for a new Donkey Kong game

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

No, it seems that over the past few years both the gaming media and the community have suddenly quit talking about Donkey Kong.

Or a loss of interest in the new title.

This would include those who complained that "Nintendo was ignoring Donkey Kong.

Well, when there's anything new in the last 10 years, it's really hard to keep the subject going. Complaining every day about Nintendo's lack of interest will get exhaustive at some point

We reap what we sow

G2ThaUNiT said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I refuse to let Donkey Kong die! Whether it's the OG Country trilogy on NSO, emulating DK64, or replaying Tropical Freeze on my Switch, I make sure to play them all every year. Like how there's fans that Hollow Knight Silksong or Bloodborne Remastered get announced, that's me for a new Donkey Kong game

And it's why I got Mario VS. Donkey Kong on Switch!!