By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Ok finally got a Switch. Yay! Uf you received a friend request from Salva (or Slarvax), that me. If I didn't send you one, I probably didn't have you on my Wii U or 3DS, or I don't know your NNID and your VGC name. Or maybe I don't like you, who knows.
Anyway, my Friend Code (*vomits*) is 7885-0552-5988

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

So after 3 and a half years, my Wii U has been unplugged from my TV and packed away.

Meanwhile, my Wii remains connected.

curl-6 said:

So after 3 and a half years, my Wii U has been unplugged from my TV and packed away.

You play a lot of GameCube still?

curl-6 said:

GameCube Games?? Otherwise it would make no sense to not play Wii stuff on the U.

StarDoor said:
curl-6 said:

You play a lot of GameCube still?

Not really, I'm not a big Gamcube fan. I have a few games still, but rarely play them.

ktay95 said:
curl-6 said:

GameCube Games?? Otherwise it would make no sense to not play Wii stuff on the U.

Nah, my Wii save data is all on my Wii, plus I prefer to play on original hardware.

Around the Network

I'm really detesting the timing for Salmon Run.
Gosh. 7AM to 7PM? Do I skip work then?
And Next one is 1AM to 1PM. -_-

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Nah, my Wii save data is all on my Wii, plus I prefer to play on original hardware.

If you have a component cable that's fine, otherwise you're better off with the Wii U for the much better image quality. I believe you could transfer save data from one to the other.

Also, why do you need to be such a monster? Wii U has Splatoon and Breath of the Wild, that alone makes it still relevant for anyone who doesn't yet own a Switch (you don't, right?).

I have a component cable.

And while I do love Splatoon and Breath of the Wild, I have played the hell out of them and have had my fill. These days I game mostly on my SNES and Xbox 360. (Halfway through Rise of the Tomb Raider atm)

morenoingrato said:
I'm really detesting the timing for Salmon Run.
Gosh. 7AM to 7PM? Do I skip work then?
And Next one is 1AM to 1PM. -_-

Lol yeah. The last one here in Australia was at 10pm to 10am...... I wish they just do it like rank mode like: 

2 hours: its ON

Next 2 Hours: its OFF 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

curl-6 said:

...but the Wii U is backwards compatible...Why was your Wii even still connected in the first place? :P

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

...but the Wii U is backwards compatible...Why was your Wii even still connected in the first place? :P

At first cos I didn't want to waste my Wii U's disc drive playing Wii games, but since then cos all my Wii save data is, well, on my Wii. And whenever possible I prefer to play on native hardware rather than through methods like emulation or backwards compatibility.