By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
mZuzek said:

curl-6 said:

Some caps from the Switch port:

Far out, I think we may have a new competitor in the field of "best looking Switch game"...

To think we have this running on the same system that has Bloodstained at 720p 30fps...

Not all devs are created equal I suppose; even on PS4/Xbone/PC Ethan Carter is a much more graphically impressive game than Bloodstained.

I was going to say there's also the factor that the Bloodstained guys were working on 4 platforms at once while the Ethan Carter devs, (The Astronuats, out of Poland) have gone back years after the PS4/Xbone releases to rebuild it for Switch, though now that I type this I remember they're also working on a new game as well, so I guess their resources are still split.

Around the Network

EA admits they had "good success" with FIFA on Switch.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/342414-ea-says-they-re-absolutely-looking-into-bringing-more-games-to

Eastward is going to sell like pancakes on the Switch compared to the other platforms and The Touryst has the potential to be Shin'en's best selling game.

CaptainExplosion said:
wombat123 said:
Eastward is going to sell like pancakes on the Switch compared to the other platforms and The Touryst has the potential to be Shin'en's best selling game.

Ok, but what makes you think it will be their biggest hit?

At first glance it seems to be more fully featured compared to their past titles while being part of a genre (adventure) that, in my opinion, has more mass appeal on Nintendo platforms.  That being said, it has to be a good game to have a chance at being Shin'en's best selling title so you can say I'm guilty of jumping the gun if you want.

The Witcher 3 gameplay for the Switch has just been shown at the Gamescon opening Night.Probably going to be uploaded to Nintendo channel soon enough.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
And let's not forget The Touryst by Shi'nen ! No more futuristic racing games but instead an adventure game with a cool aesthetic !

I'm a huge fan of Shin'en and have been awaiting the announcement of their next game with great excitement, but alas it's not really for me, I don't like the boxy aesthetic.  

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

I'm a huge fan of Shin'en and have been awaiting the announcement of their next game with great excitement, but alas it's not really for me, I don't like the boxy aesthetic.  

Ouch, hope you'll get your due with them when the Super Switch releases !

I'm still holding out hope we'll get another new game from them later in the life of the original Switch haha.

Hopefully something with a less simplistic art style that really showcases their technical wizardry the way the FAST games, or Jett Rocket on Wii did.

CaptainExplosion said:

I actually don't remember Jett Rocket on Wii.

It was kinda like an N64-PS1 style 3D platformer in terms of gameplay, but with some of the best graphics on the system

Astral Chain's review embargo is lifted tomorrow at 6am Pacific time.

Man I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.

Overwatch for Switch may be coming if a listing of an official Overwatch Switch case by Nintendo and Blizzard means anything. The listing was immediately taken down after the story broke.
https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2019/08/26/an-overwatch-switch-port-may-have-just-leaked-via-official-merch/

Will y'all buy Overwatch if it ends up on the system?
I already own it on PS4 but I might buy it on Switch too, I've put in a lot of hours into it.