Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo: The Official Nintendo Thread

curl-6 said:

Come to think of it, No More Heroes 3 is an upcoming Switch game that will hopefully leverage motion controls beyond just the usual gyro aiming, at least if it plays like the first two.

Hopefully it does, and has the same sense of humor as the first two (Didn't those games let you save your progress by using the toilet?).

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Come to think of it, No More Heroes 3 is an upcoming Switch game that will hopefully leverage motion controls beyond just the usual gyro aiming, at least if it plays like the first two.

Hopefully it does, and has the same sense of humor as the first two (Didn't those games let you save your progress by using the toilet?).

Indeed they did, and with SUDA51 still at the helm I think you can rest assured it will still be batshit insane and gloriously juvenile in the same way that made the first two cult classics.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Indeed they did, and with SUDA51 still at the helm I think you can rest assured it will still be batshit insane and gloriously juvenile in the same way that made the first two cult classics.

Sounds like Duke Nukem but way more Japanese. XD

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

I'd say it's more similar in tone to something like Bayonetta, just with a higher dose of parody.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I'd say it's more similar in tone to something like Bayonetta, just with a higher dose of parody.

Oh god, if Duke and Travis ever met, yikes!! XD

I'm hoping to get Duke Nukem 3D World Tour on Switch soon. It's still jarring for some reason to have a game as mature as that on a Nintendo system.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

I'm hoping to get Duke Nukem 3D World Tour on Switch soon. It's still jarring for some reason to have a game as mature as that on a Nintendo system.

Nintendo's had a lot of "mature" games over the years; Bayonetta 1 & 2, Mortal Kombat 11, Doom 2016, Wolfenstein II, Witcher 3...

curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Nintendo's had a lot of "mature" games over the years; Bayonetta 1 & 2, Mortal Kombat 11, Doom 2016, Wolfenstein II, Witcher 3...

Yeah it's not an anamoly to be honest. Gamecube had some, Wii did too, even Wii U. There's definitely an argument for better selection, but it's not the novelty many act like it is. Particularly a port of a pretty old pc shooter. 

Zelda fans are the worst 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah it's not an anamoly to be honest. Gamecube had some, Wii did too, even Wii U. There's definitely an argument for better selection, but it's not the novelty many act like it is. Particularly a port of a pretty old pc shooter. 

Yeah, contrary to stereotypes, mature-rated games aren't at all a rarity on Nintendo consoles. 

Nintendo themselves may not make them, but they're quite open with allowing third parties to bring that sort of content to their platforms.

In the span of 1 month, I’ve gone from Shantae and the Seven Sirens to Xenoblade Chronicles: DE to SpongeBob: Battle for. ikini Bottom Rehydrated.

A 2D Metroidvania. An open-world, action-adventure JRPG. And now, a 3D collect-a-thon platformer.

Can’t say my tastes aren’t varied. xD

Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

PAOerfulone said:
In the span of 1 month, I’ve gone from Shantae and the Seven Sirens to Xenoblade Chronicles: DE to SpongeBob: Battle for. ikini Bottom Rehydrated.

A 2D Metroidvania. An open-world, action-adventure JRPG. And now, a 3D collect-a-thon platformer.

Can’t say my tastes aren’t varied. xD

That is the power of the quality and variety the Nintendo Switch family of systems provides. 

Zelda fans are the worst