By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Monolith Soft just updated with a newer looking website. Speculation is a new game is about to get announced. Which then means we may have an early February direct rather than mid or late.

Around the Network

In the games section on Monolith's website there are all games they developed or co-developed. There are so many games they helped with where I didn't know they did.

Also interesting uo me is the Japanese box art of A Link to the Past. It features the number 2. Is the game called A Link to the Past 2 in Japan?

Edit: It's called Triforce of the Gods 2. Cool name and very different from what it's called elsewhere.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 01 February 2022

Q3 report tomorrow.

Mar1217 said:

Tonight we'll continue to understand MK8DX dominance ...

Also, I'm eager to see updated numbers for some of these games. Though I'll be honest, I'm not glad that there's a strong possibility their Top 10 chart will be "polluted" with more than half of the spots occupied by Pokémon games in the future since Legend Arceus could replace another in the chart.

Pokémon Let's Go will drop out of the top 10 I think. It'll get overtaken by RFA, NSMBUDX, PLA, BotW2, BD/SP, likely SM3DW and possibly LM3.

At what time will Nintendo publish their data?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Kakadu18 said:

At what time will Nintendo publish their data?

Usually after the Japanese stock market has closed for the day. That means during the morning hours of European time, so around 12 hours from now. I am not sure about the exact hour though.

Thanks. On Installbase someone said 4pm JST, 8am where I am.

More rumors about a Direct coming soon, and with Monolith Soft updating their website and Q3 reports about to drop I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the next few days.

CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:

More rumors about a Direct coming soon, and with Monolith Soft updating their website and Q3 reports about to drop I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the next few days.

I forgot about Monolith Soft possibly having a brand new game coming, and now I really wanna see it!! ^^

Yeah, I'm really curious if it will be Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X-2, or the long rumored other game they've been making (some kind of medieval fantasy game, if I recall).

I've been surprisingly impressed and loved the last three games they made by themselves (and the games they've co-developed) so I'm just excited to see whatever they have planned.

Demon Slayer is getting ported to Switch:

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/02/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-the-hinokami-chronicles-coming-to-switch-on-june-9-in-japan

Q3 report has been released, can't do a thread hopefully someone will as I need to head out to work but a brief summary.

Switch is at 103.54m shipped as the end of December.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2022/220203e.pdf

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
43.35 million pcs.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
37.62 million pcs.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
27.40 million pcs.

The Legend of Zelda:Breath of the Wild
25.80 million pcs.

Pokémon Sword/Pokémon Shield
23.90 million pcs.

Super Mario Odyssey
23.02 million pcs.

Super Mario Party
17.39 million pcs.

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!
14.33 million pcs.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond /Pokémon Shining Pearl
13.97 million pcs.

Ring Fit Adventure
13.53 million pcs.