By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:

Crysis Remastered getting a physical release on Switch: https://nintendoeverything.com/crysis-remastered-confirmed-for-physical-release-on-switch/

Nintendo now has 6574 employees. Some stats by region and gender:

- 2498 in Asia, split between 80.5% men and 19.5% women

- 1256 at Nintendo of America, 63.5% men and 36.5% women

- 901 at Nintendo of Europe, 61.9% men and 38.1% women

- 91 at Nintendo of Australia, 47 men and 44 women

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-has-over-6500-employees-breakdown-by-region-and-gender-split/

Where do the other ~1800 people work?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Crysis Remastered getting a physical release on Switch: https://nintendoeverything.com/crysis-remastered-confirmed-for-physical-release-on-switch/

Nintendo now has 6574 employees. Some stats by region and gender:

- 2498 in Asia, split between 80.5% men and 19.5% women

- 1256 at Nintendo of America, 63.5% men and 36.5% women

- 901 at Nintendo of Europe, 61.9% men and 38.1% women

- 91 at Nintendo of Australia, 47 men and 44 women

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-has-over-6500-employees-breakdown-by-region-and-gender-split/

Where do the other ~1800 people work?

I assume Nintendo has various other divisions in other countries and regions that probably all add up. Monolith Soft, Retro, and Next Level are also not detailed so them too.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 July 2021

In his new video Modern Vintage Gamer highlights his frustration from a developer standpoint of the lack of upgraded internals on the new OLED Switch and his views on the current Switch hardware going forward.

Honestly what he's saying makes complete sense and is very similar to the frustrations I voiced in the Switch OLED thread earlier. The OG Switch is showing it's age and even a modest bump to bandwidth, ram and CPU could help smooth out performance issues across the board. I don't think we'll see Switch 2 until fall 2024 or March 2025, so an upgrade in 2022 should help appease both fans that want better performance and developers until then.

Last edited by tsogud - on 09 July 2021

tsogud said:

In his new video Modern Vintage Gamer highlights his frustration from a developer standpoint of the lack of upgraded internals on the new OLED Switch and his views on the current Switch hardware going forward.

Honestly what he's saying makes complete sense and is very similar to the frustrations I voiced in the Switch OLED thread earlier. The OG Switch is showing it's age and even a modest bump to bandwidth, ram and CPU could help smooth out performance issues across the board. I don't think we'll see Switch 2 until fall 2024 or March 2025, so an upgrade in 2022 should help appease both fans that want better performance and developers until then.

Please highlight how many developers took advantage of the N3DS' improved CPU or DSi's specs because I remember practically none of them because they all focused on the OG models anyway so this argument is just hot air about something that wouldn't have changed anything for any consumer. The is no upgrade coming it's time for people to come back to reality and stop believing the day dream of so called insiders who day dream of everything being 4k the NS will see out it's run and a proper successor will be released when Nintendo deems right.

Combat in Astral Chain has finally clicked; my mistake was that I was focusing too much on micro-managing my legion early on and getting overwhelmed by that. Now I have a fairly good feel for things; I'm still having a trouble with perfect dodges but that's not the game's fault, I just don't have great reflexes. Those finishers where you rip out a Chimera's core feel great.

The part that's surprised me the most so far is how extensive the non-combat segments are compared to other games by Platinum. The policework is quite fun and even picking up and binning empty cans is strangely addictive. The more I play, the more the art style is, well, not growing on me per se but it doesn't put me off any more.

I won't know for sure until I finish but so far, it's definitely on track to be a strong addition to Switch's shortlist of either great games or honourable mentions.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

Guys is this a legit Smash bros combo? I made it.

Anytime you see the combo counter reset on the right side it means your opponent would have had the chance to air dodge or DI out of the combo. It's a nice string though.

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Combat in Astral Chain has finally clicked; my mistake was that I was focusing too much on micro-managing my legion early on and getting overwhelmed by that. Now I have a fairly good feel for things; I'm still having a trouble with perfect dodges but that's not the game's fault, I just don't have great reflexes. Those finishers where you rip out a Chimera's core feel great.

The part that's surprised me the most so far is how extensive the non-combat segments are compared to other games by Platinum. The policework is quite fun and even picking up and binning empty cans is strangely addictive. The more I play, the more the art style is, well, not growing on me per se but it doesn't put me off any more.

I won't know for sure until I finish but so far, it's definitely on track to be a strong addition to Switch's shortlist of either great games or honourable mentions.

The flaw in Astral Chain's combat is that it's one of those games where certain moves are mandatory to be unlocked in order to allow a good flow of battle. It isn't until sometime during chapter 3 that they can be unlocked, so the first few hours are rather unsatisfying. But once you are able to initiate fluid counterattacks after dodging, it begins to work.

Yeah Xenoblade 2 was kinda similar in that regard.

I'm up to chapter 6 now. The main issue is less a problem with the game and more myself; I simply don't have the right kind of reflexes and brain wiring to be able to get the most out of the combat system in the way a better player would. The more advanced stuff is just too complicated for me to process at once in the heat of battle. Thankfully, I can get by on casual difficulty. I may not be able to maximise the combat system myself but I can still appreciate its brilliance.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

I'm up to chapter 6 now. The main issue is less a problem with the game and more myself; I simply don't have the right kind of reflexes and brain wiring to be able to get the most out of the combat system in the way a better player would. The more advanced stuff is just too complicated for me to process at once in the heat of battle. Thankfully, I can get by on casual difficulty. I may not be able to maximise the combat system myself but I can still appreciate its brilliance.

Most people play it on Casual the first time anyway, I certainly wouldn't advise Pt Standard for anyone who isn't big into hack n' slash games and wants a challenge. There's a lot to appreciate about the game apart from its challenges. Certainly a lot to appreciate in File 6.

Yeah I am really liking the policework, exploration, and other side activities that flesh out the world and add variety to the gameplay. In most games I just skip over the sidequests, but in Astral Chain I've completed quite a few as they're mostly satisfying little chunks that don't waste my time.

Honestly, I would never play Skyward Sowrd without the motion controls, they're part of the game's appeal to me.

Yeah, even if the option had been available in the original release, I would always opt for motion controls in Skyward Sword, the swordplay is just so kinetically satisfying and that feeling would be entirely missing with sticks and buttons.