By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Azzanation said:
Nautilus said:

Cost and space reasons, probably.

So can someone explain to me how this idea works?

You link your Switch Pro controller to your Switch Lite and have no way of standing the console up??? Honestly makes no sense to remove the stand. Its not like the Switch stand was made from quality, it was pretty cheap implemented.

I think they just wanted to add value to the original sku and the Lite having a smaller screen would be a little impractical to play in table top mode. They wanted to create a situation where they could market one sku that could do it all and the other that is only meant for handheld play.

Around the Network

I just realized that they timed MUA3's release to coincide with San Diego Comic Con, which is all Marvel right now after the announcement of Phase 4 of the MCU + Endgame becoming the #1 movie of all time in the box office. All that hype and positive press must have obviously had an effect on the game's launch.

Let this be yet another example of how 3rd party games can succeed and be very profitable on the Switch, and Nintendo platforms in general, when done right!

Mar1217 said:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is tracking strongly according to Benji ! He says that it's the 3rd biggest launch of the year for the Switch in the US following NSMBU and Mario Maker 2 seemingly beating Crash Nitro and Mortal Kombat XI to a pulp.

This lead might dwindle or secure it's place depending on legs in the future.

PAOerfulone said:
Let this be yet another example of how 3rd party games can succeed and be very profitable on the Switch, and Nintendo platforms in general, when done right!

Yeah, there's been plenty of examples by now that Switch is a viable platform for third party games, provided those third parties offer desirable content and don't fuck up its delivery.

Anyone still beating the tired old drum of "third parties are justified in snobbing the Switch cos only Nintendo games sell on it" at this point clearly has a bias against the system, the company, or both.

So, is Nintendo releasing SNES online in September to keep those subs?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Ultimate now not only has the most players it is the finale for Evo this year.

This is old news (was reported back in June) but it was never posted here. These are initial shipments for upcoming Switch games in France.

Pokemon Sword/Shield - 730,000
Zelda: Link's Awakening - 210,000
Mario Maker 2 - 200,000
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 56,000
Dragon Quest Builders 2 - 35,000
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - 35,000
Astral Chain - 22,000

For those looking for a new racer on Switch, RISE: Race the Future just came out and looks pretty nifty

A demo for Oninaki is releasing worldwide right now, apparently

https://gonintendo.com/stories/340602-oninaki-demo-releasing-around-the-world-for-switch-right-now-up

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair confirmed to be 60fps on Switch.

Didn't think it warranted its own thread but still awesome news, to me anyway, I think the game looks like great fun (gives me Tropical Freeze vibes and I loved that game) and it's nice to see the Switch version being given due care.