By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spider-Man: Homecoming Reviews - 72 Metacritic - 92% RottenTomatoes

Ganoncrotch said:
JRPGfan said:

Another 1-2.... then another reboot.

Because who doesnt want to watch a origins story for spiderman for the 6th time or something like that?

I feel burnt out on all these super hero movies.

I never knew he was bitten by a radio active spider... please movie, show me again how this happened? Please buff out your run time with 20 mins of him crying into a box of

But wait... what's that?

Another Batman film is coming out?

Jesus guys, do you think we will finally know what happened to Bruce waynes parents??????? ARE THEY ALIVE?

On topic though : I really want to see what marvel does with this... hopefully it's decent but fuck it... if it's the same old shite again I'm not going to hold it too much against marvel, they recently created Guardians 2 which is probably one of the best pieces of film I've ever seen... multiple times in the cinema. so I will happily give them the benefit that they wont fuck this up.

1st: Heard they don't ocver the whole Uncle Ben thing in this movie.

2nd: Batman's parents dying was covered in the first 2 minutes of Batman v Superman. Or only took up like 1-2% of the movies run time. 

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I never knew he was bitten by a radio active spider... please movie, show me again how this happened? Please buff out your run time with 20 mins of him crying into a box of

But wait... what's that?

Another Batman film is coming out?

Jesus guys, do you think we will finally know what happened to Bruce waynes parents??????? ARE THEY ALIVE?

On topic though : I really want to see what marvel does with this... hopefully it's decent but fuck it... if it's the same old shite again I'm not going to hold it too much against marvel, they recently created Guardians 2 which is probably one of the best pieces of film I've ever seen... multiple times in the cinema. so I will happily give them the benefit that they wont fuck this up.

1st: Heard they don't ocver the whole Uncle Ben thing in this movie.

2nd: Batman's parents dying was covered in the first 2 minutes of Batman v Superman. Or only took up like 1-2% of the movies run time. 

1- cool I don't watch trailers to movies I know I'm going to watch so I know nothing about this other than it's spiderman and marvel

2- No, just no, not only was it the start of the film, there was also the crypt scene later on and we had the slow motion memory of the gun smashing pearls late in the second act again, not only was it ham fisted in there with imagary and slow motion bats ascending to heaven wtf, but also the Martha death being the weakness which Batman had to stop him killing Sups was just mindbogglingly bad and went on for ages, that scene was an offshoot of "my parents died you know" because without that story arc going on in the background of the film it would have made even less sense... it's almost like a payoff to his parents being dead, other than him being Batman but also he is weak to someone saying the name Martha.

I couldn't help but laugh after seeing that movie, had a cat at the time and I was pretty sure that Bruce Wayne would never have been able to keep a cat... although he would have had Mr Pennyworth take care of it, I just love the idea of Young bruce balling his eyes out or screaming at a bag of this stuff as his cat looks at him confused.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME BLACK CAT/!!!!1111??

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Angelus said:
Salnax said:
Thought: Spider-Man has had to face ten different major villains in his 21st century film roles. These include two versions of Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom, New Goblin, The Lizard, Electro, Rhino, and Vulture.

I think the only major villains left in Spider-Man's gallery are Mysterio, Kraven, and One More Day. Plus Kingpin, who is basically a Daredevil character who pulled a "Roy in Melee" thing with Spider-Man.

First of all, that garbage ass Venom doesn't count, and Rhino was nothing but sequel bait....doesn't count either

You're also missing some notable ones they haven't used yet, like Black Cat, Shocker, Carnage, Chameleon, and Scorpion

It's been 30 or so years since I've read the comics, so my memory might be sketchy, but I would love to see Kingpin, Answer and Silvermane...plus that would be good reason to have Cloak and Dagger in the movie as well.