By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A good example of why Sony Consoles always succeed.

Boutros said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Probably not the first to point this out but.... proof that Sony consoles don't always succeed = Vita

The PSV is significantly better than the 3DS. It has one GOTY game on it (The Walkind Dead) and the 3DS has none. Another success for Playstation.

The PSVita is more powerful then the 3DS, but that's it. The PSPGO was another ....

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Sprash said:
playstation is the best platform to play games on.

Outside of PC.

@OP

Sony consoles always succeed?.. What definition of success are we using here?

Inside of pc

I don't think you can only look at Game of the Year. The main thing for Playstation as a gaming brand has been the sheer variety of its library and the long-term support.

If you look back to the PS1 & 2 days they got a lot of support from a wide range of developers working in nearly any genre you can think of. They lost some support during the early PS3 days but put a lot of effort in getting the wide ranging library of its predecessors with many great games in different genres still coming out when the PS4 had released. The PS4 pushed indies early on to help bring the variety that most launch consoles lack and have wide-ranging support from a variety of devs.

If you look at most Nintendo or Microsoft consoles, market perception tends to pigeon-hole them so that certain groups or demographics flock to them, but miss out on the wider market. Having said that I think they've both done well with their latest consoles in that regard.

Sprash said:
KLAMarine said:

Outside of PC.

@OP

Inside of pc

Get back to me when Sony is okay with full modding freedom on their platforms...

ES Oblivion- released on Xbox360/PC in 2006, the PS3 released 1 year later in 2007
Bioshock- was released on Xbox360/PC in 2007, the PS3 released 1 year later in 2008
Fallout 3- sales were higher on Xbox360 and this pushed a lot of sales for MS.
Red Dead Redemption- sales are roughly tied with Xbox360, poor HD and FR issues were what hurt the PS3 version of the game.
ES Skyrim- sales were higher on Xbox360, PS3 version was considered the worst of all 3 systems and was constantly broken.
The Walking Dead- in 2012 actually sold more on iOS than any other system and was a huge push on mobile gaming. PS3/Xbox360 were roughly tied in sales.
Overwatch- crushed the competition in 2016 and PC is the number one selling platform over both consoles.

Everything else I will agree on though. :)

Around the Network

A lot of those games haven't aged well. I enjoyed games that were rated in the 70s and 80s more than most of them during those years.

Lube Me Up

Sony always wins, baby

Hey Skyrim is coming to Switch, so Nintendo has one!

Sprash said:
KLAMarine said:

Outside of PC.

@OP

Inside of pc

Yet the PC isn't a console either, so it remains outside of the PC.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

When you buy a playstation you know you will get great games every year over its entire lifespan. While the hardware being boring is reasonably priced and there is plenty of first and second party support. Sony is the around player for AAA gaming at home and because of that it sells great without being exceptional. Playstation doesn't offer the MP focus of MS or innovation and first party support of Nintendo, although I love Sony games. But by doing almost everything pretty well it's succes and the power of the PS brand lives on.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar