By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A good example of why Sony Consoles always succeed.

Chazore said:
KLAMarine said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

I wonder how long it will take this time to sniff the alt.

Also Ninty's been necessary since the video game crash happened, so I dunno wtf he's been smoking.

If Nintendo is selling, Nintendo's necessary.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nintendo does not put out more exclusives, but yes they put out great games. I can definitely agree with that. Nintendo and Sony excel in artistically expressing the spirit of gaming in multiple genres in their own respective styles. Sony is not like the old Sony in the PS1 or PS2 Era. The PS3 era forced Sony to become more creative with their exclusives since Microsoft was mirroring their third party selection so no one could tell the difference between the brands. Today, many people can name just as many of Sonys trusted studios as they can Nintendo (if not more). What Nintendo has on Sony is the party IPs. If its single player games Sony can play ball, but they are lost in the party games compared. Perhaps they dont need to replicate those games and just be Sony, just like Nintendo doesnt do certain games that Sony excels and invests in.

With that said...I am loving my switch as a companion console to my PS4 and Xbox One. Its really more of a companion to my PS4...since I play it more actively though. My Xbox is just a games with gold box right now. Nintendos first year definitely will eclipse Sony and Microsofts first year exclusives imho. 

I am pretty sure they do, just look how games Sony released on PS4 and how many Nintendo on dead Wii U, or on PS3 and Wii. Fact is that Sony never had anything similar that is so strong or big like Pokemon, it has Gran Turismo and now U4 has great sales, and TloU had good, but Pokemon is much stronger than any of those IPs plus has huge strong IPs like Animal Crossing, 2D Mario, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Zelda and now Splatoon seems it will be very strong, also plenty of ther IPs that are not so strong (Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Mario Sports, Metroid, Pikmin, Xeonblade, DK, Yoshi, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Wario...).Dont get me wrong I think that Sony has good, strong and variety IPs, but when comes to great exclusive games, Nintendo is king. Offcourse huge plus for Sony is also very strong 3rd party support historically and espacily on PS4, thats why you have plenty of people that will buy Sony console even if they don't care about Sony exclusives (GTAV, CoD, Fifa, Battlefield...), but that isnt case with Nintendo, with Nintendo console you know that 9 of 10 people will buy Nintendo console just beacuse of Nintendo games.

Saying that, I have Wii U, and I have PS4 that I bouth in order to play TLoU, Uncharted Trilogy, Bloodborne and some other future Sony games, but also to play 3rd party games like Dark Souls, Resident Evil, Witcher 3..., while I will buy Switch just to play Nintendo games on 1st place.

I assume that you havent checked this thread yet:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=230049&page=1

I mean, the quality of the games is something that we can discuss for all eternity and maybe never reach a consensus.

But if we are gonna talk about quantity..  well, the numbers are there.

Nogamez said:
Could of sworn zelda TP and SS won game of the years and SMG

Could of....

NawaiNey said:
maxleresistant said:
yep, a good reminder of why third party support is really important

Especially when your first party output is so weak and narrow like Nintendo's. 

I would not say weak, but yes it is narrow. It really lacks variety. I was hoping that the Switch changed that, but then they announced Yoshi and Kirby... 

I seriously hope the new Retro Studio game is going to bring something new and exciting.

RolStoppable said:
The PS3 was a failure.

At first, yes. But I can't call a console that sold 80 million units a failure.

The truth is, everybody was a Winner in the 7th gen, the 360, Wii, PS3, PSP and DS all made a lot of money, nobody failed.

But yes, Playstation had to make some big changes during the gen to win back their fans. They spent a lot of time and money to give their fans what they wanted, and it worked.

Around the Network

There are 4 reasons
1. First/second party games
2. Third party games
3. Brand power
4. Europe

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

maxleresistant said:
RolStoppable said:
The PS3 was a failure.

At first, yes. But I can't call a console that sold 80 million units a failure.

The truth is, everybody was a Winner in the 7th gen, the 360, Wii, PS3, PSP and DS all made a lot of money, nobody failed.

But yes, Playstation had to make some big changes during the gen to win back their fans. They spent a lot of time and money to give their fans what they wanted, and it worked.

They all sold well. That's for sure.

I'll have to double check but I think Xbox 360 barely made a profit (they spent a billion right off the bat trying to correct the Red Ring of Death) and a lot of people claim that the PS3 actually lost the equivalent of everything earned during the PS2 era.

*Edit* nope. Both appear to be losers. https://www.vg247.com/2013/01/07/xbox-360-and-ps3-losses-total-8-billion-ex-sony-employee-paints-grim-future/

You always know that when someone starts a thread like that, it's bound to go off the rails XD.

Lawlight said:
Nogamez said:
Could of sworn zelda TP and SS won game of the years and SMG

Could of....

You've just picked a list that suits your agenda ya pleb

Ewwww... The GOTY.... That is like the Oscars telling me some shitty ass musical was the movie of year or even remotely decent.