By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - CNN Producer: Russia Narrative "mostly bulls--t right now", is manufactured for ratings

Illusion said:

People need to start asking the question: if the mainstream media is willing to tell bold-faced lies on the Russia narrative just to sink Trump, then what else have they been lying to us about?

After this, can we really trust any of the negativity that we have been hearing about Trump from the MSM? Perhaps we should start listening to his speeches ourselves and forming our own original opinions of the man. Maybe Trump isn't a racist or a bigot and is just a guy who wants to put America first. Maybe Trump's America-first agenda is scaring the daylights out of the rich multinational elites own the MSM and who want borderless societies so they can sell you overpriced smartphones made in Chinese sweatshops.

What if the real reason why the MSM hates Trump so much is because their corporate heads hate Trump and you are just being led along like a dog on a leash?

I can't see why they would hate him, most of his policies seem to be geared to their benefit. All new outlets have a market they carter for, change that and they lose viewers. Infowars broadcasts weird conspiracy theories, if they started airing somethin else they'd lose their audience.

Or maybe I'm just biased as I'm not American so "America-first" isn't going to win me over.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Sharu said:
Any sane man would knew it. I amazed Americans bought this bullshit from there media...

Eeeyyy. Our resident Russian.

Yep. )

For a year I'm reading NYT, CNN, BBC and FOX on twitter. And I must say the news quality is fallen down terribly, it really looks like anti-russian hysteria lately. Every single day it should be some article showing Russia in bad light. I have a feeling that its not connected to anti-trump agenda much, just the general direction of your media. Its sad, honestly.

Mandalore76 said:

People who talk, think, and act in this manner are more scary/threat to society.

Agreed, it's as insensitive as you can get for human life especially a one that didn't EVER commit a crime ... (Serial killers are an actual menace to society but Trump ? LOL) 

There's a reason why the founding fathers went with 'compromise' instead of 'revolution' when it's to keep radical guys like that out of the office ... 

What's more is that he insinuates that Trump is anti-science when he's as pro-industrialization as anyone could get. There's more to science than just climate change LOL. Did it not occur to the environmentalists that 'industrial science' existed ? There's a reason why oil has a monopoly on life itself when billions depend on it for their survival and quality of life ...

If we couldn't use traditional energy and had to settle for the renewable garbage I'd rather all of humanity just die since they took a big step backwards by deindustrializing the whole world spelling the end of modern cilization ... 

The anti-fossil fuels and anti-GMO people need to shut up and take a look at reality instead fantasizing. I'd rather us use oil if it meant nicer people than not if it meant killing each other ... 

vivster said:
Mr Puggsly said:

This caught my eye. I think this is why CNN and MSNBC have credibility problems.

They don't do much fact checking while pushing their anti Trump agenda ad nauseam.

Quite frankly, I feel Trump is a guy who says things without doing much fact checking either. But when the media attacking him is also fucking up, that gives him an opportunity to hurt their credibility as well.

You read wrong. The "them" meant his supporters, not the media. The media is fact checking or at least trying to most things. While Trump and his supporters never do.

I think in the end people care more about what a president attempts to do or accomplishes versus what they say. Quite frankly, Trump like many presidents has flip flopped when actually getting in office. What Obama ran as was very different than the man we got in office, its partially why Hillary lost.

Essentially, people support Trump in hope of healthcare becoming more affordable, better immigration security, be more aggressive on terrorism, and jobs. If he does well on those things, the bullshit that comes out of his mouth is not very important. Lies alone can't improve those things.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Illusion said:

People need to start asking the question: if the mainstream media is willing to tell bold-faced lies on the Russia narrative just to sink Trump, then what else have they been lying to us about?

After this, can we really trust any of the negativity that we have been hearing about Trump from the MSM? Perhaps we should start listening to his speeches ourselves and forming our own original opinions of the man. Maybe Trump isn't a racist or a bigot and is just a guy who wants to put America first. Maybe Trump's America-first agenda is scaring the daylights out of the rich multinational elites own the MSM and who want borderless societies so they can sell you overpriced smartphones made in Chinese sweatshops.

What if the real reason why the MSM hates Trump so much is because their corporate heads hate Trump and you are just being led along like a dog on a leash?

We have. That's the problem. It takes about 20 seconds to realise that this man is a complete idiot. With his great idea of solar panels on the wall that will pay itself being the last laughable thing he's said.

Around the Network
Sharu said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Eeeyyy. Our resident Russian.

Yep. )

For a year I'm reading NYT, CNN, BBC and FOX on twitter. And I must say the news quality is fallen down terribly, it really looks like anti-russian hysteria lately. Every single day it should be some article showing Russia in bad light. I have a feeling that its not connected to anti-trump agenda much, just the general direction of your media. Its sad, honestly.

Honestly its been like that forever. Russia has been painted in a negative light in everything. They're always the bad guys in movies and video games.

Mr Puggsly said:
vivster said:

You read wrong. The "them" meant his supporters, not the media. The media is fact checking or at least trying to most things. While Trump and his supporters never do.

I think in the end people care more about what a president attempts to do or accomplishes versus what they say. Quite frankly, Trump like many presidents has flip flopped when actually getting in office. What Obama ran as was very different than the man we got in office, its partially why Hillary lost.

Essentially, people support Trump in hope of healthcare becoming more affordable, better immigration security, be more aggressive on terrorism, and jobs. If he does well on those things, the bullshit that comes out of his mouth is not very important. Lies alone can't improve those things.

Majority of people did not vote for him period. He better deliver on his promise of "win so much you're going to be tired of winning" or even his base will get tired of his constant childish bullshit. 

Mr Puggsly said:
vivster said:

Healthcare is currently becoming less affordable(except for rich people and corporations), immigration security will certainly not increase with the proposed methods, Trump currently isn't more aggressive on Terrorism than Obama, the handful of coal jobs he's trying to safe do nothing for the economy and will plummet no matter what he does. So far nothing he did has improved anything, most of the things he claimed he has done, wasn't actually anything. Like pretending to sign a bill when it's just mere suggestions that have no power whatsoever.

And don't come with "oh but it's only been 6 months" excuse. Donald Trump was the one who claimed how fast he will fix everything. He's done nothing but harm his people and any credibility left in US politics and he will continue to do nothing/harm as we go on. Meanwhile his supporters are cheering that the master of the deal is making a worse deal with Mexico than he always claimed he would.

His people are cheering about every shit he does no matter if it hurts them or not.

The "but other politicians lie" doesn't hold up when the vast majority Trump is doing is lying while doing shit. First he said the healthcare bill was the greatest thing ever, then he said it was shit and what is he doing about it? Nothing. Because that's what he does, nothing.

"Wait and see" is already over. His aggressive incompetence is apparent and he won't change.

Rag on Obama as much as you want, at least he didn't make the highest job in the country a complete joke.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

First off, it's not like CNN lied, they just played up a story that in reality, wasn't really a big deal. He says what we've all known, the Russia story doesn't have anything solid behind it. This is just a reporters unfiltered and personal thoughts on the matter. So as I said earlier, CNN didn't lie, they just over covered a story to get themselves ratings.

Here's the difference between the way CNN covered the russia story and this guy in his personal response on the matter.

CNN: If Russia hacked the election, then we NEED to know about it.
This guy: So what if Russia hacked the election, they do this every year.

My second point is that he's a reporter, not a member of the government with actual information on the investigation. He's basically saying that his experience is telling him, "the Russia story is overblown". There is nothing difinitive about that statement.

You don't have to be pro-Trump to admit that Russia's narrative has been ridiculously dumb.