By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Theory: Switch VC will at least have a superb NES and SNES collection from the start

Do you think the Switch Virtual Console will have a good selection from the start?

Aye, Captain! 20 55.56%

NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!! 8 22.22%

I like Neo Geo games better 2 5.56%

Dont know, dont care 6 16.67%

Total:36

I personally believe this will happen for a myriad of reasons.

The first one is quite obvious.Nintendo released last year the NES mini with 30 games, and this year it will release the SNES mini with 21 games.Nintendo simply wont waste all the research and effort that went into making this improved VC used in the classic editions to be contained within only them.It will reuse the same "engine" for them in the Switch VC.

Now, you already have 30 NES games and 21 SNES games that are compatible with this new VC.I dont know the reason why the Wii U VC launched the way it did, but I personally believe that Nintendo is streamlining the VC and making the effort to port the old games to it easier.Assuming my line of thought is correct, you already have 51 excellent games there from the start.And I hardly believe that Nintendo has not been hard at work(or at least, the Nintendo Europe division that works in the VC)porting other games to it as we speak, be them less popular or not.

And there is also the reason that this would be quite the headline and a great luring point for people that bought the classic editions but not a Switch yet.Imagine if Nintendo came and said "VC will be available this x day, and there will be more than 150 games from day one, all the ones that you loved from the classic editions and more, and every week more being added!".These same costumers that bought the minis would be thirsty to play the other games that didnt make the cut, but that they loved as a child.In another words, nostalgia marketing at its best.

There could also be games from other generations such as N64 and Gamecube or even other consoles(The Wii U had some from the Turbo Graphx and Switch already has Neo Geo games there), which I do believe its comming and will be there to some extent, but at the very least, I believe that NES and SNES games will be greatly represented(I know I have said in the past that I believed that the VC would have all of the Wii U and 3DS VC included in the Switch VC from the start, but I think I may have a bit too ambitious at that).And I mean, they have to, if Nintendo wants to get that subscription going the way that they have promised.

So, what do you guys think?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Nope. Also, who's Theroy?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I am not so exaited about point that Switch could have great VC from start, because point that Switch VC could have great quality VC games like they are on NES Mini and SNES Mini. I have really hard time seeing that Switch will not have some quality of VC games like NES Mini or SNES Mini.

vivster said:

Haven't you heard of Theroy Jenkins?

vivster said:

Theory's sister.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
vivster said:

LipeJJ said:
vivster said:

Theory's sister.

I get it now. It's a Nintendo thread after all. Theroy is the brother of Themarth.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I doubt it, but I hope you're right.

I'm hoping that's true. Reggie's double-speak makes it sound like we will be getting a streaming service instead of downloadable titles. He did some, duck, cover, and dodge when asked to confirm VC would exist as downloads.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

That would mean that Nintendo makes a massive change to the way they've handled virtual console in the past, so I honestly won't believe it until it happens. I hope it does, I just don't think it will.

vivster said:
Teeqoz said:

LipeJJ said:

Theory's sister.

I get it now. It's a Nintendo thread after all. Theroy is the brother of Themarth.

Roys our boy!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive