By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SNES Classic confirmed, releases on 9/29 WITH STARFOX2!!??

When will it come to Europe?
Could be a yearly 'event' now. Where next year well see the next console in line: N64!

Around the Network

Star Fox 2? Well at least that'll crank up the resale value some more.

That's a damn good lineup of games! The SNES was such a great console.

Signature goes here!

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Update from Nintendo, via Kotaku:

"We aren’t providing specific numbers, but we will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year.

Our long-term efforts are focused on delivering great games for the Nintendo Switch system and continuing to build momentum for that platform, as well as serving the more than 63 million owners of Nintendo 3DS family systems. We are offering Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition in special recognition of the fans who show tremendous interest our classic content."

Source

At least we know it won't/shouldn't be available after 2017.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

They will cut a deal with Microsoft for GoldenEye 007 on N64 Mini. N64 Mini must have GoldenEye at least. No Chrono Trigger, Mortal Kombat 2, Tetris Attack, or DKC2 kinda sucks on SNES Mini though. 

Around the Network

I counted the amount of games I wanted but don't have to be about 10. Snes games are $8 so it comes out to be $80. I think I I will buy this after I can afford to sell and arm and a leg,

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Preordered from Amazon UK and got order confirmation, but I still don't know if they'll actually ship it considering it says on the page that it can't deliver this item to the US. Better safe than sorry

When the heck can I preorder in the US?

Although Amazon UK says it won't ship to US, I was able to put my order in. So have many others.

They probably won't honor it but I hope they do.

DKC 2 and DKC 3 would have made this perfect.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Chrizum said:
Ljink96 said:

This product obviously isn't for you. This is for people who want authentic and branded hardware. Not most likely pirated software with cheap DIY hardware.

Cheap hardware? The latest Raspberries are way more powerful than this SNES mini, I'm sure. Also has wireless controllers, wifi, customizable resolutions, etc. I mean I'd love to buy a SNES mini but not with such a tiny library and for a hugely inflated price.

It's not an inflated price. 21 games for $80 is less than $4 a game. Considering these games either go for obscene pricing after market or are $10 digital, this is a pretty good deal.

Unless you're here condoning piracy. (Here comes the "Oh, I own all of these games physically" argument...)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames