By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you ACTUALLY believe that Nintendo is creating artifical Switch shortages?

Tagged games:

Something like a Jewish conspiracy.

Around the Network

No. They are having trouble securing components the last I heard. It's silly to suggest that they are intentionally limiting stock of what's supposed to be their bread and butter product.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

SpokenTruth said:
Because apparently some of you guys didn't hear it the first two time.

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No.

And for the people in the back....NO!

Ask this to any businessman that sells a product and they'll laugh at you and then pity you when you tell them you are serious.

Also:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-23-heres-why-deliberate-switch-shortages-is-a-ridiculous-notion

Now if only some of these die hard believers would actually read that article and crucially think about it, everything would be much easier.

Call me crazy, but I kinda believe that. It has happened with some of their platforms before, not to mention with the Amiibos.

this thread a good reminder of the amount of stupid in the gaming community

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:

Because apparently some of you guys didn't hear it the first several times.  So I'm just going to randomlly continue to post it.

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No.

And for the people in the back....NO!

Ask this to any businessman that sells a product and they'll laugh at you and then pity you when you tell them you are serious.

Also:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-23-heres-why-deliberate-switch-shortages-is-a-ridiculous-notion
^Cites WSJ production report.

It's like this guy has been reading this thread

Signature goes here!

If Nintendo had a crystal ball they would have started production 6 months earlier and built up a 5 million stockpile of them back in January. But you never know with the fickle buying public and you can't be stuck with 100 million dollars worth of stock and pay for storing that stock when you don't know the future. Happens to car makers all the time. People accused Chrysler of purposely short stocking PT Cruisers back when they came out and people were waiting 8 months for their order to be built. No business would purposely not try to sell a very popular item while the 'iron is hot'. They just couldn't foresee the demand.

Artificial scarcity is a myth.

Nintendo currently has issues with producing consoles due to component shortages. Will take a while for supply to meet demand.

ZhugeEX said:
Artificial scarcity is a myth.

Nintendo currently has issues with producing consoles due to component shortages. Will take a while for supply to meet demand.

I think you also mentioned this on Twitter some time ago. But a nice reminder from you nonetheless.

I don't, since Nintendo really wants to sell the Switch, and artificial demand will only hurt them in the long run

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]