By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo communications director indicates that Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon are 2018 titles

palou said:
monocle_layton said:
I knew it!

Pokemon surprised me though. Metroid and Pokemon in the span of a year is ridiculous

They now have all teams working on 1 system. That does not hurt, at all.

I'm not saying it'll hurt it. I'm saying it will benefit it greatly.

After having so many droughts last gen, I'm not used to seeing so many games be released

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
palou said:

They now have all teams working on 1 system. That does not hurt, at all.

I'm not saying it'll hurt it. I'm saying it will benefit it greatly.

After having so many droughts last gen, I'm not used to seeing so many games be released

Metroid and Yoshi as follow-ups to home console titles, Kirby, Fire Emblem and Pokemon having teams from handheld-focused devellopers. 

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

IF they get both Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon on the system in 2018. I'd be amazed.

One of those games (or even both) would be guaranteed Fall-Holiday 2018 titles unless Nintendo reveals anything else. Those two are major franchises and would sell like gangbusters (at least Pokemon will).

JRPGfan said:
If all they have is a logo (or less),... .I doubt their very far into production.
I dont think you should expect anything before 2019.

Nintendo should have a gameplay prototype already. Normally it's the first they create. Even if that's fully finished, it's still not good enough to show off. Certainly not for a 3D Metroid title in HD. A big first impactfull trailer is key for a reboot of Metroid.

Now that they have HD development under wraps filling in the HD assets could be fast depending on what scale is required. So 2018 could be realistic if Nintendo is really commited to it.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

So my joke about Metroid coming in 2018 became true? Crazy

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Yeah that's definitely overkill. But if Nintendo feels they need to release these games to combat other 2018 titles coming to PS4/Xbone then so be it.

Miscomunication, certainly.
If they were actually planned for 2018 we would have seen that at Spotlight.
Not only that, if the release was so close, we had seen some gameplay or a trailer.

Pokemon is going to feel rushed if it releases next year. Sun and Moon felt a little bit rushed when it came out. Metroid Prime 4 being a 2018 title doesn't surprise me as Nintendo doesn't usually have titles announced if they are two years away from releasing. Unless you are Zelda. Then you get 5 years announcement ahead of time.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Very good! They manage to get Zelda, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 in 2017. I expect another awesome year!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Very much doubt both of those games will release next year. Hopefully a nintendo direct around octuber will clarify that