By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we have Physical to Digital Next Generation?

ArchangelMadzz said:
monocle_layton said:

It takes a bit of time on Xbox, but I'm patient

I just find it annoying honestly. My space gets filled up way too quickly. That's why I always appreciate Nintendo's devices. 128gb on the Switch will take you a long way

I thought they'd improved install times, how long does the average game take? 

No idea. Whenever I get a new game I usually plop it in and get a book to pass the time.

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I thought they'd improved install times, how long does the average game take? 

No idea. Whenever I get a new game I usually plop it in and get a book to pass the time.

Oh I see, I wouldn't be able to deal with that aha, longest install I've had is just over a minute  

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

aLkaLiNE said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

So my solution for the next generation of consoles is that when a physical copy is bought you have the option after installing the game on the hard drive to run the game off of that hard drive and tie it to your account, but in order to do this the physical copy of the disk needs to be in the console and the console will make the disc unreadable to any other console but that unique console (for obvious reasons)

maybe it's because I've been up 24 hours now because of work, but this part doesn't really make sense to me. What's the point of digital if you have to have a disc in the drive to run it? 

Exactly that is what we have right now with the X1 and PS4 if you buy it physical you still need to instal it and have it digital on your HDD and you need to have the disc in the drive in order to play it.

Chris Hu said:
aLkaLiNE said:

maybe it's because I've been up 24 hours now because of work, but this part doesn't really make sense to me. What's the point of digital if you have to have a disc in the drive to run it? 

Exactly that is what we have right now with the X1 and PS4 if you buy it physical you still need to instal it and have it digital on your HDD and you need to have the disc in the drive in order to play it.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't read the thread or OP properly.

The idea is that after the install you have the *option* to choose whether to require the disc or to run it off of ther hard drive. This then ties it to your account the same way a digital game does and you don't need the disc anymore. But if you wish to sell it one day then do not tick the option. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

BraLoD said:
monocle_layton said:

lol, damn.

Have I done something revolutionary?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
monocle_layton said:

Have I done something revolutionary?

What kind of book exactly you ready during that time?

It honestly depends on what I'm interested in. I typically go to the library and get 10-20 books to read a month.

Whenever I have to wait to download or install a game/patch, I'll take any book I'm currently on and just read until I forget about the install. Right now I'm finishing up a book about America's healthcare system.