By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japan: The Nintendo Switch Sells Out In Six Minutes

Jranation said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Do we have some numbers for Arms sales yet?

At the COMG thread, apparently it got more points than the first Splatoon FW at COMG stores. No numbers yet and who knows how that will translate to overall sales. 

That's encouraging! I was always comparing it to the Splatoon 2 COMG numbers which made ARMS look like it was performing badly.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

The Artificial Demand is really working!

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
The Artificial Demand is really working!

Yeah Nintendo why earn billions when you can earn millions......

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

So... Nintendo is a Sell Out, confirmed?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

fedfed said:
can they not get 100k unit a week produced? when are they ever going to keep up demand?

now till end of August looks like crazy... (Arms is selling better than expected and Splatoon2 will have legs). We have no idea if Mario Rabbid RPG will take off but if it does... there will be no time to produce more units before Mario Odyssey is out.

And then it is Xmas...

Crazy!

Just thought that was funny

Around the Network

theyve already increased production levels twice and it hasnt even been 4 months. and I still cant find one anywhere.

im still just ticked off at how terribly Nintendo is managing the stock shortages. they said they wanted to sell 20 million units in the first year, and while that is more of a stretch goal, that would require them to sell on average over 50,000 Switch consoles per day. how were they not prepared for this?

Yerm said:
theyve already increased production levels twice and it hasnt even been 4 months. and I still cant find one anywhere.

im still just ticked off at how terribly Nintendo is managing the stock shortages. they said they wanted to sell 20 million units in the first year, and while that is more of a stretch goal, that would require them to sell on average over 50,000 Switch consoles per day. how were they not prepared for this?

They said they want to sell 10 millions by the end of this fiscal year(So the total would be 12.7 with the march numbers)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

irstupid said:
Jranation said:

At the COMG thread, apparently it got more points than the first Splatoon FW at COMG stores. No numbers yet and who knows how that will translate to overall sales. 

Was Splatoon an initial hit, or became a huge hit like a month latter due to word of mouth, ect?

It was around 100k FW. It wasnt a total flop, but it definitely became a huge hit weeks and months after it have first released. Arms could have a similar effect, but there is just many things that will be stopping that: 

- The fighting genre vs shooting genre

- Splatoon 2 releases in 1 month 

- Switch Stock sells out really quickly. 

Hopefully it still does over 500k LT 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

fedfed said:
can they not get 100k unit a week produced?

They already have it's just that the west needs Switch units to buy as well.

Jranation said:
irstupid said:

Was Splatoon an initial hit, or became a huge hit like a month latter due to word of mouth, ect?

It was around 100k FW. It wasnt a total flop, but it definitely became a huge hit weeks and months after it have first released. Arms could have a similar effect, but there is just many things that will be stopping that: 

- The fighting genre vs shooting genre

- Splatoon 2 releases in 1 month 

- Switch Stock sells out really quickly. 

Hopefully it still does over 500k LT 

Yea I could definately see Arm's legs being not as good. You know a person get a Switch because of "X' game or friend tells him too, ect.

Then he asks for game recomendations or looks at good games he wants. So many games coming out soon or already out that he may grab before he looks at Arms.

You have BotW, MK8D, Splatoon 2 soon, Mario Odyssey as some of the big hitters just this year. Then many others that he may like depending on genre, Skyrim, Xenoblade 2, Mario+Rabbids, Fire Emblem Warriors, ect. Arms could get lost in the mix, or be like 4-5 on their must have list. But by the time they clear their backlog to buy Arms, other new games might be out like Kirby, Yoshi, FE, Pokemon, Metroic, ect.

It's only change imo is if these free downloads/updates keep the userbase sticking around and playing for months on end like it did for splatoon. If people have moved on from arms to splatoon or some other game, new players won't be enticed to purchase Arms.