By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft Has 2-3 New IPs in development. One similar to HZD, and one by Capcom.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Chazore said:

What philosophy would that be?. They tried their own thing and now we call them the frat boy console company that only sells brown and grey shooters. Whenever they try anything new they'll be shot down, just watch. it'll either be them "copying" someone or it'll be a huge letdown, there is virtually no winning with MS this gen and likely the next either. 

Also everyone has copied one another at some point, especially Sony, Nintendo and MS.

Nintendo and Sony have developmental philosophies which they implent into their games. By last gen Sony had a streamline blue print for what their games will be like as far as aesthetic, where they follow the Naughty Dog model. Nintendos is a follows a clear platforming and party game aesthetic inspired by the disney model of doing things. 

What thing did they try? Gears wasnt made by Microsoft and Halo was purchased by them mid concept. 

Microsoft needs to find what they want to bring to gaming and use that to make themselves special. Until then they will be known as the me too brand to sony with no conceptual ability outside of Forza, but they've been great at simulation games since the mid 90's.

You mean the tomb raider model?

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nintendo and Sony have developmental philosophies which they implent into their games. By last gen Sony had a streamline blue print for what their games will be like as far as aesthetic, where they follow the Naughty Dog model. Nintendos is a follows a clear platforming and party game aesthetic inspired by the disney model of doing things. 

What thing did they try? Gears wasnt made by Microsoft and Halo was purchased by them mid concept. 

Microsoft needs to find what they want to bring to gaming and use that to make themselves special. Until then they will be known as the me too brand to sony with no conceptual ability outside of Forza, but they've been great at simulation games since the mid 90's.

Uncharted borrowed partly from tomb raider, resident evil 4 and killswitch similarly to gears with the last two games. Gears didn't copy tomb raider but the other two games I mentioned. Eventually as each game progressed it became its own thing without forgetting to core roots. This is why gears lacks verticality and platforming. Naughty dog created a model that partially took inspiration From raider but coupled with sonys heavy cinematic and storytelling aspects turned into a beast of its own, inspiring tomb raider to be reborn relevant again. In that same breath EA copied sonys rendition of god of war twice (which was inspired by devil may cry). Sony turns these games into their own thing. I'm sure you know Star Wars the force unleashed and dantes inferno. They also copied uncharted as the model for star wars 1313. Since uncharteds writer left naughty dog to work at ea I have a feeling that's the project she will work on.

Sony and nintnedo have developers who have helped inspire and revitalize the industry as well as learn from it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jason1637 said:

Uncharted borrowed partly from tomb raider, resident evil 4 and killswitch similarly to gears with the last two games. Gears didn't copy tomb raider but the other two games I mentioned. Eventually as each game progressed it became its own thing without forgetting to core roots. This is why gears lacks verticality and platforming. Naughty dog created a model that partially took inspiration From raider but coupled with sonys heavy cinematic and storytelling aspects turned into a beast of its own, inspiring tomb raider to be reborn relevant again. In that same breath EA copied sonys rendition of god of war twice (which was inspired by devil may cry). Sony turns these games into their own thing. I'm sure you know Star Wars the force unleashed and dantes inferno. They also copied uncharted as the model for star wars 1313. Since uncharteds writer left naughty dog to work at ea I have a feeling that's the project she will work on.

Sony and nintnedo have developers who have helped inspire and revitalize the industry as well as learn from it.

So Sony can take from other games and put their own twist into it so can Microsoft. 

jason1637 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So Sony can take from other games and put their own twist into it so can Microsoft. 

1. We dont yet know Microsofts developmental pedigree just yet.

2. Phil spencer always talks about Microsoft doing their own thing and not competing with sony. Seems rather passive aggressive.

3. Microsoft should look to inspire the industry like Sony and nintnedo have. Sony realized they can't make a halo so they stopped trying. we got horizon out of that .

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jason1637 said:

1. We dont yet know Microsofts developmental pedigree just yet.

2. Phil spencer always talks about Microsoft doing their own thing and not competing with sony. Seems rather passive aggressive.

3. Microsoft should look to inspire the industry like Sony and nintnedo have. Sony realized they can't make a halo so they stopped trying. we got horizon out of that .

1. If the rumor is true we know they are devloping a H2D like game.

2. So making new IPs is aggressive? Because they dont want to compete that doesnt mean you cant make new IPs.

3. We havent even seen the game yet its far too early to say that thye cant pull something. As far as we know its an open world game.. All we know is the style will be like H2D. Horizon seems like a good game so i dont see anything wrong in MS making a game taking elements from that game and making it their own similar to how Sony took from tomb raider and make Uncharted with their own twist.

Around the Network

Funny to use your adversary game as model on a hiring list.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Chazore said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What specialty can they hope to even bring to the table that truly makes them one of a kind and worthy of high praise for their design philosophy? (that absolutely doesn't exist already and has been done by others in a field that has already been taken and works rather well for said company taking the spot).

Being known for flight Sim doesn't exactly scream exciting or anything short of amazing, same with how they are regarded as the "dudebro" console that gives out dudebro games, it doesn't exactly sound exciting or unique when they are labeled as such. 

They are the ones that need to find their identity or change it... it isn't out of reason that they got know as dudebro console... their efforts on Halo and Gears were quite bigger than FM and Fable, and outside these 4 they haven't really made much

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Chazore said:

What specialty can they hope to even bring to the table that truly makes them one of a kind and worthy of high praise for their design philosophy? (that absolutely doesn't exist already and has been done by others in a field that has already been taken and works rather well for said company taking the spot).

Being known for flight Sim doesn't exactly scream exciting or anything short of amazing, same with how they are regarded as the "dudebro" console that gives out dudebro games, it doesn't exactly sound exciting or unique when they are labeled as such. 

They are the ones that need to find their identity or change it... it isn't out of reason that they got know as dudebro console... their efforts on Halo and Gears were quite bigger than FM and Fable, and outside these 4 they haven't really made much

They didn't even make gears though. They were forced to buy the ip because they no longer wanted to make it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DonFerrari said:

They didn't even make gears though. They were forced to buy the ip because they no longer wanted to make it.

Well I don't know if MS comitionated the first one or they were presented to it. But they sipported the IP so I'll consider their IP

DonFerrari said:

Whatever they "invent" isn't going to free them from the dudebro label, it's stuck with them for years and I honestly don't see that view of them changing any time soon, if within the next decade. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"