By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch - Let's Discuss Its Future

How's the Switch's future looking for you?

Great 169 76.13%

Ok 35 15.77%

Meh 14 6.31%

Awful 4 1.80%

Total:222

It's been a good while now since the Nintendo Switch launched on March 3rd 2017 and I think it's about time we discuss the system moving forward.

Let's start by making it clear the Switch isn't in the same ball park as the offerings from Microsoft and Sony. The Nintendo Switch isn't a device that can replace a Xbox One or PS4. The Xbox One and PS4 isn't a device that can replace a Nintendo Switch. The Switch won't get the games to replace the Xbox One and PS4, and the Xbox One and PS4 won't get the games to replace a Nintendo Switch. What I'm saying is essentially they're completely different devices that do and offer completely different things. A person who owns a Nintendo Switch isn't covered to not buy a Xbox One or PS4. A person who owns a Xbox One or PS4 isn't covered to not buy a Nintendo Switch. And essentially because of this, this leads to my next topic.

The Nintendo Switch is underpowered and won't get big 3rd party AAA multi-plats, and this won't mean that it won't be successful. The reason why is like I said a person who owns a Nintendo Switch isn't covered to not buy a Xbox One or PS4 and a person who owns a Xbox One or PS4 isn't covered to not buy a Nintendo Switch. They offer completely different experiences, people aren't buying the Nintendo Switch big 3rd party AAA multi-plats because the Switch isn't getting them (in most cases). Does that mean the Switch won't get big 3rd party support? Of course not! The Wii, DS and 3DS all have the perfect amount and type of 3rd party support the Switch needs. Were any of the best 3rd party support these systems got the most graphically demanding? No, but they were fun unquie experiences build from the ground up for the specific hardware and audience in mind, and that's what the 3rd party support the Switch needs. Sometimes one thing we need to remember that 3rd party support doesn't end at AAA multi-plats that let's be frank only a fraction could be brought to the Switch, and the Switch will be just fine with that fraction and the 3rd party support that provide fun unquie experiences build from the ground up for the specific hardware and audience in mind.

The Nintendo Switch is getting the best 1st party support that I've ever seen and 2017's line up proves that. I mean a brand new 3D Zelda and Mario coming out in the same year is something rarely seen and the Switch has brand new 1st party titles releasing every month till December. Something else which bodes well for the system is that it's getting a combination of Nintendo's best home console franchises, and Nintendo's best handheld console franchises meaning the biggest plethora of franchises to come to the system we've ever seen peroid on a Nintendo console.

It can't be denied that for the time the Switch has been out so far it's been a success, but what how's it's future looking to you? What sales do you think it'll get? What games do you think will come? Do you think differently with any of what I've said? Let's discuss it below.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
Locking the 7 or 8 duplicate threads. I assume the system glitched while you were posting.

Yeah sorry I don't know what happened, I didn't mean for it to happen.

Miguel_Zorro said:
Locking the 7 or 8 duplicate threads. I assume the system glitched while you were posting.

He was just so excited to discuss, he couldn't contain it!

Where's the 'Good' option?

TallSilhouette said:
Where's the 'Good' option?

I mean 'Ok' is kinda like good right? Not great but not awful sorta just above average.

Around the Network

I feel like its getting pretty much every game I'd want on a Nintendo console. Just throw in a few random games, like something from Platinum, and it will be perfect.

(Just wanted to point out a mistake in your thread title. *its, not it's)

Anyways, this first year already seems loaded. Breath of the Wild, mario Kart, Splatoon 2, Arms, Pokken, Fire Emblem Warriors, Odyssey, Xenoverse, and Rabbids+Mario are here for the first NINE months. That's 10 first/second party games which are high quality.

The (now dead) joke of the Switch having no games is long gone. I haven't even mentioned third party titles or indies, which are always a great addition.

As a Wii U owner, I'm glad we got the Switch. People get to experience the games that only a few got to. I can always skip Wii U ports and enjoy the new games we're getting.

The Switch has fixed Nintendo's mistakes. Third party is acceptable, which is far better than what we've seen in the past 15 years. Marketing is outstanding, supply isn't meeting demand, and overall reception surrounding Nintendo is positive.

Yeah, I think the future of Switch is intensely bright.

It launched with arguably the best game ever made. Then came Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which is nearly as good. On the horizon are Super Mario Odyssey, which looks extraordinary, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the sequel to what I consider the best game of the 7th gen.

It's going to get the first-party firepower of both WiiU and 3DS, plus a lot of the third-party that went to PSV. It also seems like Switch will be receiving many of the finest games of the 8th gen, like RIVE and Rocket League.

It won't get many AAA third-party games, but, honestly, it's not a big loss. It will no doubt get a whole lot of A and AA third-party games, which have proven to be superior over the last 5 years.

If Nintendo continues to support Switch for a long time, which should be doable with a consolidated library and hardware revisions, I really think it could be one of the best video game platforms ever made.

Great future... I'm more excited about the next revision

Well, in contrast to the Wii U, I am very optimistic. People know what it is, great games are available/coming, development is not too difficult, and it is being advertised well. Optimistic.

Hi